Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The dates for K9W are set.....AAAAAUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!  (Read 5042 times)
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 12:01:23 PM »

SKRU the sports

BRING ON THE DX !!!!!

Personally, I wish the
pirats/stillers/penguins/ and any other damn sports
team in Pittsburgh to pack up their tents and camels
and MOVE somewhere...ANYWHERE but here.
The farther the better !

(I hear Pretoria South Africa is nice this time of year)

That INCLUDES College sprots too.

Last one out the door, turn out the lights and set the timer
on the detonator to blow up the stadium.

Bill....You sure you're from around here???...... Roll Eyes Shocked..........

Sure enough Vince.
I was born in 1953 at St Margarets Hospital
way back when it was in Lawrenceville.

Between you and me, this market pays way too much attention
to sports and NOT ENOUGH attention to what is going on around them.
They are more interested in the Pirats score than the 17 TRILLION debt,
whether O'Bummer will bomb Syria, the murder rate in Chicago, etc, etc, etc.

Wrong priorities.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 12:04:51 PM by KB3LIX » Logged
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 09:02:58 PM »

SKRU the sports

BRING ON THE DX !!!!!

Personally, I wish the
The farther the better !

Sure enough Vince.

Wrong priorities.

I agree with you....Sports takes away some of that pain for a while....BUT, I do agree with you....more than you will ever know....

V
KA3NRX

K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 06:06:47 AM »

SKRU the sports

BRING ON THE DX !!!!!

Personally, I wish the
The farther the better !

Sure enough Vince.

Wrong priorities.

I agree with you....Sports & our hobbies take away some of that pain for a while....BUT, I do agree with you....more than you will ever know....

V
KA3NRX

VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 10:45:51 AM »

I couldn't care less about most sport. Though I did watch Black Caviar win her last several races to make 25 wins for 25 starts. That was impressive. I've also enjoyed Le Tour de France.
Our press has been dominated for months by the Essendon Football Club's "supplements" controversy, and now the club has been kicked out of the finals. That and the Federal Election campaign that has been going for years, it seems...
Bring on the DX! Wake should not be too difficult from here to work on all bands. I look forward to a Top Band contact, to close the gap of a dozen countries, to DXCC. I already have Wake confirmed with Colin WA2YUN on 20 m phone. Haven't heard him on in ages. I think he only works 6 m now.
I'm sure the Americans on the K9W expedition will try to work America, even the East Coast.
73 es GL,
Luke VK3HJ
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 02:22:18 PM »

Wake will be a real challenge here (from Pennsylvania) mostly because of the
Kalifornia Kilowatt WALL, but eventually they will thin out
and the east coast SHOULD get a shot.
I do LOVE the challenge !

100 watts, a 4BTV and a chunk of Zipcord...DON'T FAIL ME NOW !!!!!!
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 02:40:04 PM »

Ran the prop. on the Voacap thing, and it looks pretty good for my QTH here in Florida.  Decent here 1830Z through 0230Z, especially on 15 and 17. Probably my best 2 bands, except 20, I can get 1250 - 1300 watts out of the shack, less on the other bands.

I like the new VOACAP  "circular" prop. display! (I guess that its new.... I never noticed it before.)

One QSO will suit me! Cool

73, Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 02:44:27 PM by AF3Y » Logged
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 05:31:18 PM »

Hey, at least your not a third generation Cubs fan.

Just one before I die please. That's what my late grandpa used to say.

I fell in love with the Red Sox when I was 5 and my mom often let me sleep over her parent's place on Saturday night and I'd stay to about 5 PM on Sunday if the Sox were playing a day game on TV. On Friday nights they were hardly ever on TV so my Grandfather and I listened to them on the radio.  So, I am a third generation Red Sox fan and they broke my heart in 1967 when I was only 8, they broke it again in 1975 when they lost to the Reds, and I was depressed for a month when that ball went through Bill Buckner's legs in 1986 and we then also lost game 7 to the Mets.  It took Boston 86 years to win a World Series when we finally won in 2004. We got spoiled when they won again in 2007.  This year's team reminds me of the teams that won the World Series so my first priority will be the Red Sox if they are playing, and ham radio will be my second priority.

Too many hams are 100% nerds and never played sports so this conflict means nothing to probably over 90% of all hams.

Vinny, I have more faith in your Pirates than you!  Wink  I told you a few months ago they had a very good team and you said they couldn't hit.  Obviously a team needs some hitting to win but pitching is what wins Championships, not hitting.  A very good pitcher will beat a very good hitting team a high percentage of the time.  Good luck with your Bucks.  The Cards are making their move and they have the second most World Series wins with the Yankees having the most at 27.

KB3LIX: I know you run a compromise antenna but for those of us with beams and amps Wake is a chip shot from the East Coast.  Some station put you on the cluster today and then went on to comment he couldn't hear you.  I don't know why he would put you up on the cluster in the first place with that remark.

KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »

I was trying to work some Hellschreiber in the FellHell
Sprint. Had to be one of those guys.
Either condx were terrible today OR no one
was working the contest.

I made a WHOPPING 12 contacts in that contest.
11 domestic (US/VE) and 1 dx Serbia.

Have to look at the cluster to see who it was.
There were one or two that were VERY weak and I
couldn't read their info.

I also have to run a VOAcap from PA to Wake Is.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »

What post season ?

My San Francisco Giants are in the cellar...

This one's gonna rock from the Left Coast!

73 de harry, W6DXO

You can become a Dodger fan this year.  They are in first place due to mostly ex-Red Sox players!  I watched Carl Crawford steal two bases against Boston in a game last week and when we had him he wouldn't steal any bases.  He simply chocked in Boston.  The New England media and fans spend 24/7 during the baseball season talking about the Red Sox, every player, and all facets of the game and Crawford couldn't handle the pressure of playing in that kind of environment.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 05:45:26 PM »

SKRU the sports

BRING ON THE DX !!!!!

Personally, I wish the
The farther the better !

Sure enough Vince.

Wrong priorities.

Since you were born there in '53 you should know that has always been a big sport's city.  What can the average person do about the debt, Syria, or the gang bangers knocking each other off?  I don't think people don't care about those problems but sports are a good diversion from all the things you mentioned.  That's why the Romans made sure their citizens had bread and bloody sports in the Coliseum.
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 06:09:41 AM »

Hey Chris, not to be a Debbie Downer, but we all know what happened to the Romans!.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes....As far as K9W, and "challenges" as Bill put it....we all know how I feel about "challenges" with regard to leisure time activities.....I am sorry to our California KW friends (but then again I am not). but again, I hope they break for east coast only...or at least rhythmically go by numbers/call areas.... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked....Ok let the blood letting begin!...LOL.....

V
KA3NRX

NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 07:25:55 AM »

Hey Chris, not to be a Debbie Downer, but we all know what happened to the Romans!.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes....As far as K9W, and "challenges" as Bill put it....we all know how I feel about "challenges" with regard to leisure time activities.....I am sorry to our California KW friends (but then again I am not). but again, I hope they break for east coast only...or at least rhythmically go by numbers/call areas.... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked....Ok let the blood letting begin!...LOL.....

V
KA3NRX

Every empire that has existed has collapsed at some point, Vinnie.  Rome had a million citizens 2,000 years ago and it has shaped the Western world, from language to architecture to culture, and many other things.  One would be hard pressed to find an ancient empire that has influenced the modern world as the Roman Empire has.

Your Pirates won a big game yesterday and are back in first place.  It's going to be a hell of a race the last month of the season in the National League Central. I usually pull for the underdog so I'm rooting for the Pirates.  I may see if Comcast will cut me a deal so I can watch Pirate games for the rest of the season but my Red Sox are not a mortal lock so I still have to watch them first.

You told me you guys had a beautiful ballpark when the subject turned to baseball in this forum around opening day but last night the Red Sox announcers were talking about how beautiful that park is in Pittsburgh so I'm going to try and go to a game next season.

Ciao!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:54:05 AM by NU1O » Logged
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 11:25:38 PM »

http://dx-world.net/2013/k9w-wake-atoll/

Right smack dab in the middle of the baseball post season....During a season where I actually give a SH.....!!!!....because for the first time in 20 miserable baseball years, my team is actually looking like they are going to be in it.....Oh man.....Sleep in October is going to be impossible now!....Oh man!....This is going to be one rockus fall!...... Roll Eyes Shocked Roll Eyes Shocked..........I really hope I'll be able to find the time to eek out at least one qso for the ATNO.....at some point..... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked.....Just aren't enough hours in a freak'n day!

V
KA3NRX

Hi Vinnie,

I was watching the Sox stop Scherzer from winning his 20th game tonight I could've sworn the pretty girl they hire for eye candy said the World Series was starting on Halloween.  That sounds late to me and I had one eye on the game and one eye on the PC reading the Drudge Report so I'm not 100% certain but if the date is right at least the expedition will not interfere with the WS.  It will interfere with the Playoffs but on some days there will be 3 games in day so depending on how deep your Pirates go it may not be as bad as you thought unless you are looking to watch every playoff game.

N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »

V
KA3NRX

They will work with propagation. They plan to break for EU so I'm confident they will give the East coast a chance.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: