Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ contest results observation  (Read 9473 times)
AJ4RW

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2013, 12:09:03 PM »

Yesterday I received an email concerning my 2013 SSB CQ WPX log report.  Since I play in these contest just for the fun of it, I wasn't too thrilled but I did appreciate getting a notification about it.  Upon going to the CQ website where all this contest info is on I noticed one thing was missing.  I didn't see any mention of the RTTY contest results.  I see where you can look at previous SSB or CW contest results.  I have stumbled upon the website for RTTY results at another site but why isn't it included with the SSB and CW contest?  Does CQ consider RTTY as the proverbial "white elephant" or is there another reason or did I just overlook something?

73 Randy AJ7G
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 02:55:48 PM »

It has its own website (cqwpxrtty.com) and the rules for RTTY WPX while similar... are not identical to CW or SSB WPX. It very much has its own flavor.

The WPX RTTY contest director W0YK is the most responsive contest director I have ever corresponded with, and his log check reports have done a lot to help me as a contester on all modes not just RTTY. He also directs many other RTTY contests (e.g. NA Sprint RTTY) and does a superb job promoting RTTY contesting in many ham magazines, meetings, clubs, and on the web.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:57:50 PM by N3QE » Logged
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 03:20:26 PM »

Tnx Tim for the info.  So CQ has a different website based on rules which makes sense.  It's nice to see my results cause it gives me a new goal for this contest season.  About a week after each contest I forget my score and the number of Q's.

73 Randy AJ7G
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 12:32:20 PM »

I enjoyed the CQ Results email.   Showed my mistakes..   The mistakes of others.. Very cool.
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 01:50:03 PM »

Nice to  see how things stack up and learn from our mistakes.  Plus its not just some anonymous computer scoring you, its an anonymous  emailing robot!  That's a step in the right direction.

Many   can get a jump start on the  results by going to  the 3830 website and seeing the scores of whoever chooses to submit there too.

The 2013 WPX SSB Contest was our clubs (WW8OH) best ever, with  over 1.3M points from  400w to  fairly modest antennas and four ops.   The most surprising thing about contesting is -  you have to operate to appreciate the possibilities!   Bad conditions on some bands  often bring surprising conditions on others, etc.

Plus I enjoy data-mining my old results to bring back memories.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: