Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oscilloscope  (Read 2473 times)
K3GHH

Ignore
« on: September 02, 2013, 04:22:01 PM »

Anyone have advice about my possible purchase of a new Rigol? I'm a bit confused about the difference between certain 1000-line and 2000-line digital oscilloscopes. There's now a 300-MHz 1000-line model that's cheaper than the 200-MHz 2000-line model (both 2-channel).

--John K3GHH
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 04:55:45 PM »

Anyone have advice about my possible purchase of a new Rigol? I'm a bit confused about the difference between certain 1000-line and 2000-line digital oscilloscopes.

I've read about some of the differences but I'm not really into scopes at the moment, but I can tell you where to go where they know ALL about Rigols and the question you are asking. Go here -  Smiley

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php
K3GHH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 05:26:48 PM »

Woah, thanks, INP! Those guys are a bit over my head. Maybe if I stretch for it...
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 05:28:55 PM »

Woah, thanks, INP! Those guys are a bit over my head. Maybe if I stretch for it...

Just post your question there as-is. You'll get all the info you ever wanted to know about it.  Wink
WB6MMV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 12:07:58 PM »

John:

I have the Rigol 1052E model which is the basic two channel color digital scope rated to 50 mhz. Its the least expensive of their scope line.  You can go to the website mentioned or just contact the Rigol people directly.  Our club has the spectrum analyzer in addition to the scope and they work just fine.  Rigol is adding new products regularly so it might be worth contacting them directly.  We have had some questions about how to perform some measurements and the technical support crew who answered the phone gave us everything we needed.

Hope this helps

Ken WB6MMV
K3GHH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 04:44:13 PM »

John:

I have the Rigol 1052E model which is the basic two channel color digital scope rated to 50 mhz. Its the least expensive of their scope line.  You can go to the website mentioned or just contact the Rigol people directly.  Our club has the spectrum analyzer in addition to the scope and they work just fine.  Rigol is adding new products regularly so it might be worth contacting them directly.  We have had some questions about how to perform some measurements and the technical support crew who answered the phone gave us everything we needed.

Hope this helps

Ken WB6MMV

Thanks, Ken. I was impressed with the Rigol technical support person with whom I corresponded on another issue. Very courteous, patient, and helpful. Good suggestion!
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 02:03:32 AM »

A lot of folk criticize the stuff coming out of China as cheap rubbish but Rigol are trying very hard to buck the trend. They have great technical support, salesmen who know their product and a product line which is improving by the day.

The best thing you can do is speak to your local Rigol dealer. As a minimum expect to spend some time in their showroom picking the model you want, you may also find that a salesman comes out to you with some scopes in his trunk. A good scope will last you at least a decade so it's best to get this right first time.

Finally, Dave Jones on the EEV Blog knows what he's talking about.

Tanakasan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: