Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radios that program over RF  (Read 552 times)
N1DVJ

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2013, 05:02:35 AM »

I know a number of radios can now 'clone' over RF.  That is, if you have one radio all set up, you can set up another radio the same with over RF as opposed to a cable.

For example, I have two FTM-10 radios, and I only have to update one by hand.

Now, I can program my Ft-7900 over a serial link.  Having the ability to put everything into something that looks like a spreadsheet and then just drop it into the radio is fantastic.  But with the FTM-10, it's manual at the radio.  And 500 channels...

So, I have two questions.

First, are any of the radios out there on the market cross compatible?  That is, are there any radios that are NOT of the same make and model that will 'talk' to each other this way?

And secondly, anyone know of any radios that allow both?  That is, RF and cable cloning? 

I suspect that the FTM-10 is VERY similar to the FT-7900 in how it clones.  Command and data wise, just the transport is different.

I'd LOVE to find maybe a small RF modem that could intercept the FTM-10 data and look at it, and maybe even eventually program it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: