Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Contesters and rag chewers respect etiquette  (Read 42749 times)
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 04:18:40 AM »

How about respecting other people's needs.

Amateur radio is a hobby. It is a recreational pastime. There are no "needs" when it comes to amateur radio, only "wants".
K8GU

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 08:31:11 AM »

Amateur radio is a hobby. It is a recreational pastime. There are no "needs" when it comes to amateur radio, only "wants".

Wait! Wait! Wait!  You are trying to introduce logic into this obviously illogical discussion? Smiley
NN3W

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 09:25:34 AM »

Honestly, I think some hams need to have a schedule and a routine.

Otherwise, they might be out prowling playgrounds...
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 04:27:17 PM »

Honestly, I think some hams need to have a schedule and a routine.

Otherwise, they might be out prowling playgrounds...

Hams that need a schedule, because they can't follow logic neither have common sense operating are the ones with that need parental guidance.

Are these comments, or proposed solutions really needed for grown adults who are supposed to have a brain? Really?!?

Then again.....sounds good to prevent them from prowling playgrounds.
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 04:29:56 PM »

Wait! Wait! Wait!  You are trying to introduce logic into this obviously illogical discussion? Smiley

If your saying the discussion of the topic is illogical then that explans why the topic issue is still not easily resolved yet till this day.

Just ask Webster dictionary. Hint, hint!
LEON

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 07:17:53 PM »

N2RRA:

Stop being winers and selfish little spoiled babies! The world doesn't revolve around rag chew groups or NETS!

leon:

That's right and explans alot, it's not ilogical it's this topic will never die an nobody will ever understand it. 

LEON
K8GU

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 09:10:51 AM »

If your [sic] saying the discussion of the topic is illogical then that explans why the topic issue is still not easily resolved yet till this day.

The topic isn't illogical but some of the arguments made in discussing it are.
LEON

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »

THIS IS THE TOPIC BY N2RRA

Contesters and rag chewers respect etiquette

THIS IS N2RRA DISCUSSING IT

This is too a couple of recent posts taking jabs at contesters.

Respect!

How about respecting other people's needs.

This topic will never die nor will contesting. In That case you have to deal with it in A variety of ways.

Option 1: tune into a band out of the many there are where no contesting is allowed on.

Option 2: wait patiently until its over.

Option 3: choose one of the many other "modes" there are to communicate with other than the same every single damn day norm.

Option 4: if you can't beat them join them!

The non-contesters have 5 days of druleing over themselves talking about the same crap on all these NETS than run all day and night. With NETS so abundant you can't find a clear frequency to call CQ. Even if you do you find a clear freq. to CQ you'll find the same disrespect shown to the CQ'er by rag chew groups, because they think the frequency on that day and time has been allocated solely for their group every single day.

Contests are organized and scheduled months in advanced so that all can prepare or be aware. This is not just for contesters, but for rag chew groups and NETS as well so they can do the courteous thing and allow contesters to enjoy a few hours being that 5 and sometimes 7 days a week is usually open to them.

So where's the common sense and courtesy too play nice and fair allowing contesters to enjoy that small 24hour window they've been waiting months for?

Stop being winers and selfish little spoiled babies! The world doesn't revolve around rag chew groups or NETS!

This message is not brought to you by a hard core contester. Just an opened minded respecting ham willing to share all bands and modes.

Try it!

LEON

LEON

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 04:31:22 PM »

N2RRA

He won't answer that because he knows deep down inside they do that on an everyday bases.

No matter how much common sense etiquette you throw at them they'll ignore it due to plain selfishness.
LEON

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 04:44:32 PM »

K5TED

I have had at least one recent instance where an "established" net just "started up" right over my QSO in progress, then one of the little net control sycophants had the gall to mock my continuing my QSO, all while the "control" pretended not to hear me.

That was one of the "established" interest group nets.

On the other hand, SSTV'ers have one single 3kc slot that is considered the de facto SSTV slot, yet on contest day, miscreants insist on calling CQ Contest over ongoing SSTV exchanges.

It goes both ways. Overall, though, I'd say the contesters need to find a clear frequency and use it. If the band is full, then go burn some meat or find something to watch on TV. Gathering points has no intrinsic value over ragchewing. Using the excuse that it (contests) only happens once in a while, are special, and should be catered to, is invalid and pretentious. Just because some ops only do contesting, and only do it on specified days doesn't mean they should have carte blanche to run roughshod over ragchewers. It's not up to ragchewers to check the contest calendar to know which days to stay indoors. It is up to contesters to observe proper separation and not dive in between ragchew exchanges with the excuse they can only hear one side.

Some contesters are like the 16 yr. old who burns rubber all the way down the residential street on Saturday morning, or the 40 yr. old urban cowboy F-250 driver who passes on the right, running up on the curb because he feels important.

The rest of us are like the old man who angrily warns the kids to get off his lawn.

And life goes on...

leon

Eric, you still with us?  What do you think of this persons point of view?  I asked you once before but you never did answer.   
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2013, 05:15:12 PM »

Would any other hams with actual call signs and not some troll hiding behind a fake name like to add anything?

I can't answer anyone that doesn't have balls enough to use their actual call sign, or anyone that  quotes others because their too simple minded to express their own views in their own words.

Thank you!
LEON

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 04:47:57 PM »

N2RRA

Would any other hams with actual call signs and not some troll hiding behind a fake name like to add anything?

I can't answer anyone that doesn't have balls enough to use their actual call sign, or anyone that  quotes others because their too simple minded to express their own views in their own words.

Thank you!

LEON

Eric, you posted this Contesters and rag chewers respect etiquette topic. 

Thank you! 
N2RRA

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2013, 08:50:52 AM »

N2RRA

Thank you!

LEON

Eric, you posted this Contesters and rag chewers respect etiquette topic. 

Thank you! 

Yes I did! For hams with real ham call signs and with intelligent comments from their own minds.

73 all!
LEON

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 07:19:48 PM »

n2rra:

LEON:

Eric, is this an intelligent comment?     
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 12:55:47 PM »

It seems like every so often after a contest someone will flock to this forum and start crying or complaining, boo-hoooooo.  I wish eHam would create a forum for "nets and ragchewers" so cry babies will have a place to go and cry to someone who gives a crap!  Misery likes company.  That way I can read post from intelligent individuals with positive comments and helpful ideas.

Randy AJ7G

From what I read your post is neither intelligent or positive. I don't mind contests but I do mind people with a bad attitude.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 12:58:52 PM by K2GWK » Logged

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: