The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inspirational.  (Read 13370 times)
WD8DBY

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 11:02:59 AM »

I am a critic and I admit it; I can be harsh but not unfair.  If MARS is so engaged in a number of so called 'missions'/activities why doesn't some big pants MARS leader get some of this great story into QST?  I never see a word about MARS in QST unless the MARS crossband tests are going to happen.  Get your story out so maybe a number of us doubting Thomas' will take you all seriously.  Who the heck is coordinating MARS outreach to the greater ham community?  They certainly have not been successful.  That's why I've concluded that MARS members bask in their own sense of uniqueness; they don't want to open their  welcomes to many...just a handful of buddies.  Prove me wrong...get your story out or just keep believing that you still matter.

Take a look at this ARRL new article: 

http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter?issue=2014-08-14#toc03
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 11:05:07 AM »

MARS needs to have a regular monthly column in QST, not just an occasional blurb announcement.  In years past there was such a column/section in QST but today, 60% of QST are ads, 15% contesting/results, 15% is ARRL self promotion, and the remaining 10% are articles.  I suspect that the reason we don't see such a consistent column in QST is because MARS leadership is fragmented between the siloed service chiefs/directors (Army, AF, Navy, etc.).  Centralized and organized management may apparently be broken.  For MARS to truly survive you need one leadership team and you need to merge these multiple streams into one force.  But you already know this.  From the outside looking in all I see is a broken organization.  Sorry.
WD8DBY

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »

I am a critic and I admit it; I can be harsh but not unfair.  If MARS is so engaged in a number of so called 'missions'/activities why doesn't some big pants MARS leader get some of this great story into QST?  I never see a word about MARS in QST unless the MARS crossband tests are going to happen.  Get your story out so maybe a number of us doubting Thomas' will take you all seriously.  Who the heck is coordinating MARS outreach to the greater ham community?  They certainly have not been successful.  That's why I've concluded that MARS members bask in their own sense of uniqueness; they don't want to open their  welcomes to many...just a handful of buddies.  Prove me wrong...get your story out or just keep believing that you still matter.

Here's another ARRL Letter:  "US House Committee Expresses Support for MARS Program"

http://www.arrl.org/arrlletter?issue=2014-05-15
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 11:14:39 AM »

Guys...Get youself a monthly column in QST and put yourself on the map again.  You have to start rebuilding a regular presence in the minds of hams if you want to grow and survive.  Again, a column in QST is one of the best ways to do this.  You will need to muster some creativity to build this up and convince the ARRL that the writings are worthy of their lofty publication.
WD8DBY

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 11:16:51 AM »

MARS needs to have a regular monthly column in QST, not just an occasional blurb announcement.  In years past there was such a column/section in QST but today, 60% of QST are ads, 15% contesting/results, 15% is ARRL self promotion, and the remaining 10% are articles.  I suspect that the reason we don't see such a consistent column in QST is because MARS leadership is fragmented between the siloed service chiefs/directors (Army, AF, Navy, etc.).  Centralized and organized management may apparently be broken.  For MARS to truly survive you need one leadership team and you need to merge these multiple streams into one force.  But you already know this.  From the outside looking in all I see is a broken organization.  Sorry.

The reason you don't see a regular MARS monthly article in QST is an editorial choice by ARRL and QST and not from the MARS program.  We all choose to see something different and that is where this country derives its strength; we have diverse opinions on the same thing.  Regardless of our differing opinions, thanks for your feedback! 
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: