Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amateur Radio Supply  (Read 19507 times)
WA4TBR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 04:54:14 PM »

UPDATE:

3) Need a wire antenna? - Go direct to Tom W8AMZ and you'll get much better service, Tom will answer the phone when you call, and
you'll get a better price.

Maybe you haven't seen this thread: http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,89688.0.html

No, I hadn't seen that thread but I did receive the antenna - shipped by Tom W8AMZ - today and it's already in the air and working fine.
Sorry to hear others are having problems with Tom but I haven't.
KE4JOY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 10:56:43 AM »

I received 2 packages on Friday, One from Davis RF with some rope I had ordered, and one from these folks with some coax that I ordered but no antenna.

Regards,
Orin
WA4TBR

Huh Deja Vue...  Sad
KC9WXN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 01:30:01 PM »

Embarrassed Placed order at the end of January, a couple of days later I was notified that order would be shipped 2/15/14 unless I wanted a refund. I wish I took the refund then. All I have gotten is a ground rod and no updated info. Called phone numbers, email sales twice, emailed Jeff, still waiting. It making me nervous. I purchased over $200 of items.
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 05:36:12 PM »

Looks like my scathing review I made yesterday regarding Amateur Radio SuppLIES has been deleted/removed by eHam staff...............Unbelievable.

I will try this again:

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.

Absolutely zero replies to numerous emails sent to Jeff regarding the status of my order. How about that extra $10 I paid for the expedited shipping, Jeff?

Silly me, I think I have been suckered. Don't make the same mistake myself and others have made.

Tom KCØW 
N1SNB

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 06:07:43 PM »

Hi Tom - CQ KC0W

Tom - saw your note to my personal email from the weekend just now.  Sorry for the slow response.

You have been refunded.  I am very sorry for the issue.

You've built a great contest station up there in North Dakota.  We've worked many times on the bands.  For those of you that don't know, Tom is a top notch contester in the very tough to get state of ND.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience.  We're working everyday to get better.

You should see you refund in 2-3 business days.

Sorry for the issue.

Jeff N1SNB
President
KC2HRG

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 08:38:57 AM »

I'm sorry to report, that my experience was also bad. I sent in a $500.00 + order via paypal and had to open a dispute. The owners did contact me to say that they would refund money for items that weren't shipped but they never did.

Now I'm stuck in limbo.
 It hard to believe that this company says part of its mission statement is to support DX expeditions. That's why I gave them a try.

"Guys, you are only good as reputation says you are."
Sorry I have to give them a big thumbs down for customer service.
I hope I either get my order or my money back...

To my fellow Ham's.. buyer beware!
de, KC2HRG
KI6RJW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 04:34:55 PM »

Ham operators beware, this same company who has had so many issues this year is trying to be reborn as Ham Radio Source dot com.  I have three different fellows I know personally who have had nothing but the run around, emails that are automated junk, and when you do get through to him it is empty promises and claims.  There are some vendors who are now claiming issue with him also.  So all I can say is Caveat Emptor, BUYER BEWARE!   Do you research.  Choose who you spend your money with wisely.
KG7CWG

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »

It's so very interesting to see so many posts that match a problem that I have with this company. It would be interesting to hear if any of the people who were supposed to be taken care of actually were. I find it interesting that he has the gall to come to this forum and make the claims of corrective actions and apologies that he has. Mr. Demers should be run out of business for his unethical and fraudulent practices. But in the meantime I would suggest that he get exposed on every social network site you can find in addition to here. eHam is a very respected place for the amateur community but there are many other sites, especially on Facebook where you can spread the word. You can even make comments on his page. This man owes me over $200.00 and has made every excuse in the book for it not being in my hands just as he has done with so many others. It's so sad to see that so many people are still being cheated and lied to. I for one am pursuing this with all the authorities I can think of until he is out of business for what he has done!
KG7CWG

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2014, 03:59:06 PM »

If all goes right this will probably be my last post about the crook at Amateur Radio Supplies, LLC for a while. Not because I am giving up, but because now others need to do what I have done. Plus, the guy finally sent me a refund check that I hope is going to clear. I deposited it in our bank account and am waiting to make sure it is good before declaring that part done. But it's a start toward resolution. Now I look to the rest of the Amateur Radio community to take action. The following is an excerpt from an email I received from the office of the Attorney General of New Hampshire; "Your complaint was reviewed by an attorney who makes the decision. When you conduct business over the internet, the jurisdiction becomes that of the state in which the consumer lives and not that of the state in which the business is located. In order for the attorney general’s office to pursue a company in the way you are suggesting, the people who complain on that website, need to file written complaints against the company either through their attorney generals or by sending it here depending on how the business was conducted. Since we only have two or three complaints, it is not enough to pursue to the measure you are talking about." This means that all the rest of the folks who have been cheated and have posted complaints on the various sites need to do what I have done. I filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau, The Attorney's General of Massachusetts and New Hampshire and the State of Washington where I live, and of course IC3 who is the federal site to file an internet fraud complaint. But it seems that the Attorney Generals take the most action if warranted. And if you missed it, Amateur Radio Supplies is doing business with more than one address and more than one name including Ham Radio Source and a connector company. I have only focused on ARS and HRS who share the addresses of; 1 Red Oak Drive, Unit B, Plaistow, NH 03865, 3 Washington Square Suite 204, Haverhill, MA. 01830 and also the address that was on the check from Amateur Radio LLC, PO Box 370, N. Haverhill, NH 03774. Do you notice a similarity between the last two addresses. So bottom line, if you want to see this kind of fraudulent business go away, you have to take action too! Start filing complaints where they will do some good! In the meantime keep the airwaves humming and 73!
N1CFB

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 05:03:34 AM »

I too am a victim of N1SNB JEFF B DEMERS 187 SALEM STREET HAVERHILL, MA 01835. Since August 2014, I've been waiting for an order I placed with Amateur Radio Supplies. After about a month after I ordered I received an email stating my order would be shipped next week. It never did. I sent emails, tried to leave phone messages to no avail. About a month ago, I sent another email with the words "I just wanted to thank you"  in the title.. He answered that email.. tee hee... So predictable. He stated My refund would be sent out tomorrow. Well, I didn't hold my breath. I plan on filing with the Attorney's general here in Massachusetts today... Hopefull this will be resolved soon. I really hate this little weasel.
So, to all reading this, Please stay away from amateurradiosupplies.com and 73!

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: