Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LIDO MOUNTS  (Read 138259 times)
KD0TNH

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2013, 08:15:05 AM »

Don't purchase from this deadbeat outfit.  I just contested the charge.

Like others, I learned my lesson and will always check eHam reviews before ordering ham gear from companies that I haven't dealt with before.
No reply to multiple voicemails or emails.   Charged me immediately.  Their website generates no confirmation emails, so you have no idea if they got the order or when you might recieve it.

-Jeff

VE7MKD

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »

Same thing here...I made two separated orders one came and the other was not filled. Oh they did send me something that I didn't order. After talking to Jim Newcomb. He said he would send up something else that I would be happy with. This was over 4 weeks ago now. Still nothing and no answer when I phone. I even gave them a list of another mount to send me to call it square. Nothing. So all I can say is buy your mounts else where.
KF7TNN

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2014, 11:47:48 AM »

Sadly, I too found this thread after making the purchase directly with Lido Mounts. I purchased my mount 2 weeks ago and received an order confirmation, my credit card was charged, but received nothing regarding the product actually being shipped. In an effort to follow up on this I emailed Jim earlier today to see what the deal was. I wasn't expecting a super quick reply, and in fact if he just got back with me in the next day or so that that would be cool. However, in the meantime I ran across this thread and now I'm thinking to myself "don't hold your breath". I have no idea if I will ever receive the mount, or even a reply for that matter...but what I do know is that I've now ordered the same mount from HRO and will have it tomorrow. Something I should have just done in the first place!

KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2014, 10:28:56 PM »

Like everyone else, dispute the charge on your credit card and get a refund.
KF7TNN

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2014, 11:16:59 AM »

Quick update:  I did end up receiving my mount a few days after I posted here. However, I still never received a return phone call or a reply to my emails. Also, there was a small piece broken on the top of the mount, but since I had already received the second mount through HRO I am not going to waste anymore time trying to get it replaced. At the end of the day it's a nice mount, but I would still only recommend purchasing it through a distributor such as HRO, HamCity, etc. just due to the lack of response and customer service when dealing directly with Lido Mounts.
W5NDC

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2015, 04:20:37 PM »

Well I see this thread was started in 2006 and here we are 9 years ago and it seems I found my way to this thread as a possible victim. I ordered my mount on Jan 2nd and on Jan 3rd received a tracking number from stamps.com of all places which doesn't seem very professional to me. Anyways, it was priority mail so 1-3 day turn around. I have a order off eBay that came from Taiwan in less time even going through customs. I was expected to receive my mount on Jan 6th and here it is Jan 9th and no mount and the tracking info has not been updated. Called USPS and they stated they were notified for pickup but no pickup was made which explained why there was no tracking updates. I tried to call but the number on the web site and other numbers I have seen on here are disconnected. So I sent an email early this morning and no response as of yet. If I don't receive a response by Monday I am going to file a charge back based on the findings of this thread since it seems I probably won't see my mount and I was really hoping to have it by this weekend so I could do my mobile install since I am dead in the water without it. Looks like I am not going to be able to do that now.
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2015, 11:10:31 AM »

Well I see this thread was started in 2006 and here we are 9 years ago and it seems I found my way to this thread as a possible victim.

Part of your problem may be your clock is running backward.  Grin   Grin   Grin
W5NDC

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2015, 07:42:52 AM »

Part of your problem may be your clock is running backward.  Grin   Grin   Grin

HA!  Grin It took me a couple reads to get that even when you made it bold. Sorry, that was suppose to says 9 years later. That's how irradiated I was. Ha!

Well an update, after what I read here I went to PayPal since I paid for it through PayPal and I didn't have much confidence based on what I had read on these posts that I pushed a dispute through PayPal. Wasn't even an hour after I pushed a message to him through PayPal that I got a shipping notification from USPS via text that they had picked up my package. Coincidence, I don't know but, it is rather amusing that once I took some sort of action outside of sending an email that it took starting a dispute through PayPal to get some action and my package shipped a hour later when my package was supposed to have been shipped a week ago when it said it had shipped. Not sure why he sent a tracking number a week before the item even shipped if it hadn't.  Anyways, I got it this morning and got it unboxed.

It is a shame that there was such a lack of communication and I had to resort to other measures to get it shipped. He stated he was a one man show and he was backed up. Ok understandable if that is the truth I will give him the benefit of the doubt but, a little communication goes a long way. Once I got it unboxed I inspected it and it seems to be a pretty solid mount and well built and very similar to a Ram Mount and will suit my needs perfectly. Only negative I see which could pose a problem in time is that the suction cup doesn't seem to be that strong and I could see that falling off often. Again, I haven't had much time to weight that possibility but, it is the one thing that stands out as I had a problem getting it to stick. If it becomes a problem I may get a Ram Mount suction cup to resolve that issue if it becomes one since it works just like a ram mount.

WB4EJZ

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2015, 06:01:59 PM »

Well, I did order a LIDO mount and received it in about a week, so I can't really complain. Other than sending an email to inquire about the ship status, I had no worries/problems.

-Ken
WB4EJZ
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: