Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not very happy with Amateur Radio Supplies in Haverhill, Mass  (Read 4819 times)
K2GWK

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2013, 11:49:30 AM »

I am usually a very patient man. I have read a lot of the posts in which guys complain when not getting something within a couple days. In my case I decided to give Amateur Radio Supplies a chance. A little over two weeks ago I ordered some Davis Bury Flex, a crimper, a coax stripper and some crimp PL259 connectors. Starting out, when I made the original order I was double billed. I emailed them and telephoned them letting them know about the double billing. Four days later I got an email from them saying they had a problem with their website and they would make a credit the next day. Ten days later, there is still no credit so I had Paypal intervene on my behalf. About 10 days after ordering, I recieved my order minus the connectors. Ten days to wait is not speedy delivery, but it's not the worst I have ever experienced. The connectors were on the invoice but nowhere to be found in the shipping box. I have been contacting them daily via email and phone daily trying to find out what happened to my connectors with no reply. I hope this post helps light a fire under tails to take care of this.

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 01:23:53 PM »

Amateur radio supplies has most of their offerings drop shipped according to a gentleman who looked for them after ordering from them.  There have been problems associated with their operation, one of which has been made known in the Good Seller / Buyer Beware section of the forums.
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 01:43:39 PM »

I don't know about the place in Haverhill, MA, but just in case it helps anybody, High Sierra Online (the site is something like hamcq.com ) has crimpers, strippers, fittings, etc.  Prices seem good and the service is always top-notch.

I soldered for years and years, but once I got this "andy crimp" set from High Sierra, I realized I had been wasting some time and effort.  :-)
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 12:24:29 PM »

After a week of emails and phone calls I just got a reply from them saying they were not aware that my order was short shipped. Dahhhhhhh, they were the ones who put the note in my shipment that the shipment was split and the connectors would be shipping separately. What a bunch of Maroons.

K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 10:05:14 AM »

After another call to Paypal my connectors magically showed up today.....Funny how that works.

NB8X

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 10:12:13 AM »

I may have screwed up ordering from this place. No real order tracking, just takes me right back to my account and the order, no phone number to call, no response to emails. and they did not use Paypal. I should have known. Duh me. Maybe my order will show up...fingers crossed.
Greg. Angry
KJ4RWH

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 06:55:43 AM »

I saw their ad for 100' of RG-213 w/PL259's for a good price. I placed the order online and waited. Somewhere around 2 weeks I emailed and received a response from "Jeff". He stated coax orders were late but expected to be shipped by 9/4/2014. I emailed today (9/17/2014) asking again for a ship date and the auto-responder email still announced 9/4 . This is my first order for this company. The same coax deal is on their website showing 12 in stockAngry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: