Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amateur Radio Supplies  (Read 31419 times)
N1SNB

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2014, 06:08:34 PM »

Tom,

Please email bob@amateurradiosupplies.com. He will send a gift card for the inconvenience.

We're truly sorry for the delay.

Best,

Jeff
N1SNB
K4RF

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 03:03:55 PM »

I had posted twice regarding not having received a refund for a DX-CC antenna I ordered from ARS and was not shipped  (this covered 2 1/2 months).  After several calls to Paypal and several emails to Jeff, I received notice today from Paypal that ARS has refunded my money.  And as I vowed to Jeff that I would do, I am posting a positive note regarding the event.  Thank you, Jeff, and I hope others will take note that you did honor my request.  I wish you the best.

Danny, K4RF
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2014, 06:33:19 PM »

Tom,

Please email bob@amateurradiosupplies.com. He will send a gift card for the inconvenience.

We're truly sorry for the delay.

Best,

Jeff
N1SNB

I'm not going to email him anything..............Other than getting my credit card reimbursed I want nothing to do with your company.

Tom KCØW
W2GTX

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2014, 09:26:48 AM »

Very bad experience - I don't even check their site any more.
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2014, 11:21:36 PM »

I'm still waiting to have my credit card reimbursed, Jeff.

I contacted my credit card company today...........If no results in the next week or so my next step will be notifying the Massachusetts/New Hampshire Attorney Generals Offices.

Tom KCØW
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:24:36 PM by KC0W » Logged
ZL1KFS

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2014, 11:42:12 PM »

I've been having problems communicating with ARS. Admittedly, it has good products, good prices and an impressive website. In my frustration, I decided to google ARS/Jeff Demers/N1SNB and ended up reading this forum. And what do you know? most posters have similar grievances i.e ARS does not send you a detailed email acknowledgement of your order, the money is immediately taken out of your card account, phone calls are unanswered, if emails are replied to, they are sketchy and irrelevant and, what's worse, when you go on the website to check your account/order status/track package, nothing happens. Jeff, why do you offer this facility if, in the end, we cannot utilise it? Customers want to 1) order the item, 2) Credit the funds thru PayPal, 3) Receive an email acknowledgement from ARS with an order number, 4) When item has shipped, enter info into website so we can check the order/shipping status, 5) Sit back and wait for Mr USPS to do his bit.
     Is that so difficult to achieve? Most small businesses use this system and IT WORKS! So,please don't blame the size of your business and staff, holidays, supply delays, etc. for your woes. Organise your logistics and suddenly this forum will be full of happy people. You may be well intentioned and striving but somewhere somehow you're missing the boat. I don't want "gift cards for inconvenience" and credit refunds. I want the item ASAP and without fuss and dozens of emails.

Jack,  ZL1KFS
N3AEG

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2014, 04:25:23 PM »

Something else to Dislike about Amateur Radio Supplies is they're selling/giving away your e-mail address.  So far today I've received to e-mails from "partners" of theirs offering me something.  At the bottom it says I opted in for e-mails from partner/sister companies.

Off to the SPAM folder with you!
KK4SIR

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2014, 03:34:16 PM »

Oh my, wish I'd seen this thread earlier too.  Unable to enter into contact with the company.

EDIT: Just notified my card issuer to file a dispute.  The total was just $39 for some cable so not the end of the world, but it was for my first rig so without it I won't be able to get on the air once the antenna comes in.  So I'll have to check someone else.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:58:33 PM by KK4SIR » Logged
W5NRF

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2014, 09:54:41 AM »

I placed an order online for $128.98 using Am-Ex on March 14. Within less than an hour I tried to cancel (after seeing bad reviews here) but could not.

March 26, after hearing nothing, I emailed, told them to cancel and refund my credit card. Got a reply saying they WERE ISSUING the credit.

March 29, got email saying item ordered was out of stock, did I want another of equal value!!! I answered, again asking for a refund and attaching their email saying credit was being issued.

Seeing there was no use, I sent a registered letter to my CC provider, enclosing copies of emails, etc, asking them to investigate and obtain my money.
Within one week I got my credit.

A shame that their name is so close to other reputable companies. Another red flag for me was that they did not offer PayPal. Can guess why!
My opinion is that this is all-internet, an internet Palace, with no stock, probably a reseller.
My opinion is that HAMS SHOULD SHUN this operation. Already burned? Send a written letter to your card company within 60 days of order.
KK4YEL

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2014, 04:45:06 AM »

My experience with them was also negative. The cheesy recording on their customer support line should have given me clues. It redirects you to a use email.

If they actually followed through with email, I'd be okay. But they don't.

Jeff, I thought hams had a code of conduct. Your company ruined it for me. I'm a relatively new ham, and thought helping another ham was better than going to the big online suppliers. Thanks for setting me straight.

I'd never buy from Amateur Radio Supplies again. They take your money right away, ship stuff as they see fit, Non existent customer support or communication.

KK4SIR

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2014, 05:40:52 PM »

Final update.  I contacted Jeff via the email posted in this thread.  He got back to me promptly and promised me shipping for the next day, though in the end it shipped two days later.  My order was 25' of LMR-400 cable with PL-259s on both ends.

My impression is that it is a legitimate company which is having trouble scaling its operation up.  This would imply that it is getting more orders than it can handle despite any negative press it has been getting.

I won't order from them again however.  I didn't like the uncertainty of when my order would be shipped, or even if it would at all.  So lesson learned.
05WIDEGUY

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 10:53:41 AM »

I wish I would have checked here first!!!!  I'm also being ignored by this company. We live and we learn.

Joel
KF5UTJ
KD9AZW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 06:29:43 AM »

Recently ordered some coax and a coax switch from them. Received the coax switch immediately but nothing on the coax. Sent e-mails to their "sales" and no answer. Finally sent an e-mail to Jeff, who apparently is the president and he responded quickly. Got the coax within a week of my first contact with Jeff. Some of the coax was drop shipped from a manufacturer even though all items were listed as being "in stock" when I ordered. Overall it took 3 weeks to get my order. Hope it is just growing pains as Jeff seemed to be very responsive and seemed to get the other staff in gear quickly. Should not have to contact the top guy to get this done.
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2014, 03:39:26 PM »

I never have any problem anywhere !!

Jackie
N4MJG
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: