The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eBay is really pushing hard.  (Read 12565 times)
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 10:52:40 AM »

Ebay now would be the worst and most risky place to buy radios or test equipment. Its like massive fraudsters market.

Granted there are a few shady figures but most are above board. You want a risky place try Craigslist....

Craigslist.....NEVER....you could be killed trying to make any business transactions!!!
SHORTWIRE

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 11:33:23 PM »

Well there goes all PayPal protection.

Would you care to explain that?  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:35:51 PM by SHORTWIRE » Logged
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2015, 02:58:03 AM »

Well there goes all PayPal protection.

Would you care to explain that?  Roll Eyes

What's to explain? Did you read reply 26 and the changes to the user agreement?

returned items, items not as described, return shipping, cancellations (under our new cancellation policy), and Money Back Guarantee reimbursements. eBay will recommend, rather than request, when PayPal can restrict funds in a seller's PayPal account

So if your sold a heap of junk that was described as "Working" now eBay will only "recommend" that you get a refund, not "Request a refund from PayPal"!
That means you have no guarantee of a refund if you get shafted.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 03:06:53 AM by KD8MJR » Logged

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
N6BIZ

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2015, 09:06:31 PM »

I JUST BOUGHT A TENTEC OMNI D SERIS B FOR $107.50...
GUY SAID IT DIDNT WORK...
IT DOES...
ITS PERFECT...
I SHOP FOR DEALS ...
IT TAKES TIME ...
BUT ITS FUN...
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2015, 12:14:18 PM »

I JUST BOUGHT A TENTEC OMNI D SERIS B FOR $107.50...
GUY SAID IT DIDNT WORK...
IT DOES...
ITS PERFECT...
I SHOP FOR DEALS ...
IT TAKES TIME ...
BUT ITS FUN...

Congratulations on getting a deal.  I know some bidders like to throw out low bids on lots of things  that they might want in the hopes that they get through now and then. I tried it myself and it does work but as you said it takes lots of patience.  The great part is that it works even better on older gear that the mega buyers/sellers will not touch.

There's a "Jaguar" seller on ebay, it's so funny to watch him buy a rig for $1200 by outbidding 15 other people then turn around three weeks later and try to sell it with a starting bid of $1600.  The item just sits and sits and he keeps on re-listing it and re-listing it until a sucker comes along.  And yes I use the word sucker because if 15 other people thought that $1200 was too much, you have got to be a fool to pay $1600.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: