Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amateur Radio Supplies  (Read 40609 times)
N1SNB

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2014, 05:58:51 PM »

Jeff KJ4RWH,

Please email me your order number directly at jeff@amateurradiosupplies.com. I will further investigate this order immediately.

Best,

Jeff N1SNB
KI6RJW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2014, 04:24:47 PM »

Ham operators beware, this same company who has had so many issues this year is trying to be reborn as Ham Radio Source dot com.  I have three different fellows I know personally who have had nothing but the run around, emails that are automated junk, and when you do get through to him it is empty promises and claims.  There are some vendors who are now claiming issue with him also.  So all I can say is Caveat Emptor, BUYER BEWARE!   Do you research.  Choose who you spend your money with wisely.
N4UJW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2014, 05:52:52 AM »

To the reader of this post:
I have been attempting to collect a debt from Amateur Radio Supplies, Jeff Demers, N1SNB in a non public way using emails to him with zero results. This is an attempt to inform the amateur radio community about this company under the management and ownership of N1SNB in the hopes that it will help my fellow ham radio friends to make an informed decision when dealing with him or his business/s.

This post is NOT about the company Amateur Radio Supplies LLC directly (IF it is under a new owner or manager (see details later in this post), but about their internet web site affiliate program under the ownership of Jeff Demers, N1SNB and his failure in my opinion, to live up to his responsibilities of paying commissions to me as an affiliate of Amateur Radio Supplies in a timely manner.

Some history....
I joined the Amateur Radio Supplies affiliate program in mid 2012 and placed many ads on Hamuniverse.com directing visitors to Amateur Radio Supplies which resulted in a multitude of sales in the thousands of dollars for Amateur Radio Supplies.

These amounts were generated by the affiliate advertising using tracking id codes embedded in the ads for record keeping by the affiliate program operated by a company called Volusion on Hamuniverse.com through the end of June in 2014, when I ceased being an affiliate due to non payment of commissions to me for the entire period of January 2014 through the present date.

Payment of the commissions due me before the dates above were usually on time, (paid after a quarter year, but they were increasingly further and further apart. I removed all advertising related to the affiliate program by the end of June, 2014 from Hamuniverse.com thus ending my "affiliate association" with them.
As of this year starting in January, 2014 (the first month of the first quarter) he has failed to pay commissions due me for ANY part or ANY quarter of the year 2014, totalling several hundred dollars! As a direct result of non-payment by him to me, I no longer am an affiliate of Amateur Radio Supplies and have ceased advertising for him, Jeff Demers, N1SNB for any of his products on the Amateur Radio Supplies web site. I no longer recommend as a trusted source for anything ham radio related.

Numerous emails to him over the last 6 months and to other various "departments" at Amateur Radio Supplies have resulted in little or no "exact and to the point" answers as to when I may receive payment from them (him).

His favorite word is "soon". I have been seeing that same word "soon" or similar procrastination such as "You will be paid", "It is in accounting", "All set and soon", and on and on since April of this year in emails from him! I have saved EVERY ONE of his emails sent to me and the affiliate records totals month by month owed to me to date.

To date, I have received exactly $0.00 from the affiliate program, ie Jeff Demers, N1SNB for ANY PART of 2014.
On 9-14-2014 Jeff Demers wrote in an email to me: (This is the last email from him to me as of this writing.)

"The new owner/managers are going to be reinstating the affiliate program. ..just an FYI"

NEW owner/MANAGER?HuhHuh Look at his post here on eham dated on or about 9/28/2014. He appears to be representing Amateur Radio Supplies with his email address and call sign!!!!

On 08/27/2014 17:28, Jeff Demers wrote:
"Don,
What is the address for your payout check?
It was only $8 less than expected.
Best
Jeff"

(keep in mind, as of this writing, this is October, 2014. My commissions started accumulating with the very first sale in the month of January, 2014. That's makes it 10 months since the first sale this year and still no check or ANY method of payment!)

Why does he ask for my address? All of that info was contained in the affiliate program sign up in 2012! I know that he has direct access to that info since it is/was his affiliate program.....More delays in my opinion but I did resend it to him and his reply was "got it". It has now been over a month and still no check from him or any method of payment...period! Come on Jeff, how long does it take to fill out a check and mail it?

At one point in time, several months ago, I sent emails to EVERY department listed on his web site contact page requesting info about the payment due me (including his so called "accounting department")....to date, none of them have answered my request for info! NOTHING, NOT A WORD FROM ANY OF THEM! Does Jeff Demers screen ALL emails under the domain name before anyone sees them? Is he avoiding me and my emails? The answer of course is YES!

As an added note. Jeff Demers also owns/administers/manages connectorzone.com AND Ham Radio Source.com. I advise to steer clear of them for obvious reasons!

SUMMARY
I regret having to post this to eham and going "public" with it, assuming they will accept it, but I wanted to inform others in the ham radio community about my experience with the Amateur Radio Supplies affiliate program under the management/ownership of N1SNB, Jeff Demers, and hope that you will use this post and the information that it contains in good judgment! It's your money!

You may or may not see a reply from him here, but I do expect to get an email or a check from him....."SOON"! Whatever that means. I can almost guarantee that if he does respond to this post, that it will be in the form of procrastination, "passing the buck" or he will look into it or any number of other lame "excuses" he has given me over this past year. He seems to have many and uses them often.

Over the past many months I have learned that what he says in writing in an email means little, and usually nothing. His definition of "soon" is much different than most folks!
More may be seen on Hamuniverse.com in the future in the form of a complete review of his affiliate program including all of the details between him and I....depending on his....."soon"!
I hope this helps each of you to make an informed decision in dealing with Jeff Demers and ANY of the web sites he owns or operates.
Don Butler N4UJW
Publisher Hamuniverse.com
K1WMT

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2014, 02:04:47 PM »

My impression is that it is a legitimate company which is having trouble scaling its operation up.  This would imply that it is getting more orders than it can handle despite any negative press it has been getting.

I won't order from them again however.  I didn't like the uncertainty of when my order would be shipped, or even if it would at all.  So lesson learned.

Regarding on my experience last month ordering a VHF fiberglass antenna, which arrived snapped in half.  I agree with you, they can't scale.  It's all about setting expectations and keeping them.  I should have been concerned from the start, when a week after ordering, I still didn't have any notice the items had shipped.   I called them to report the damage and they told me to contact UPS directly.  I did that, and UPS rejected the claim, saying the packaging was inadequate (yes, no packaging, just the cardboard box.) I also called my credit card company and put the amount in dispute.   I left them another note last week asking them what to do with the broken antenna, I still have not heard anything.   If I don't hear from them in short order, I'm going to give away the antenna hardware that survived.  I went over to Am Rad Surplus and had a new antenna in a few days.   
N4UJW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2014, 07:33:37 AM »

From N4UJW Hamuniverse.com Oct 10, 2014

To all concerned:

This is an update to my post above dated Oct 1, 2014 concerning the Amateur Radio Supplies Affiliate program and Jeff Demers, N1SNB.
Look for the post by N4UJW above and read again if needed.

Since the posting mentioned above, Jeff Demers, N1SNB has entered into an agreement with me, N4UJW at Hamuniverse.com to satisfy the debt owed to me in an honorable fashion that I have accepted on good faith from him and he has started to satisfy that debt according to my terms and hopefully will have it paid in full in the very near future by the end of October, 2014.

The "problems" that may have caused him, N1SNB, to keep putting off paying this debt to me may have been beyond his immediate control and I have no way of knowing what caused this non-payment to happen in the first place. All I have to "work" with here is a persons word and if that "word" begins to be meaningless, then I have little left to assume.

It could be that his company, Amateur Radio Supplies in general including the affiliate program mentioned in the post by me above, has severe growing pains which were added to by my having his affliate program here on Hamuniverse.com and just plain sending him too many paying customers over a period of time and that is understandable but I can only guess at the reason/s for the non-payment and nothing but procrastination offered me over the last many months with my attempts to collect the debt owed to me.

Hopefully he, Jeff Demers, N1SNB, has learned that his words to another person have a specific meaning in the English language and can only be taken at face value. We all live and communicate using our words and the opinions of you and I personally are judged by our WORDS to another.

73  Don Butler N4UJW Hamuniverse.com
KJ4RWH

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2014, 12:41:56 PM »

RE: Amateur Radio Supplies
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2014, 05:58:51 PM »

Reply with quoteQuote
Jeff KJ4RWH,

Please email me your order number directly at jeff@amateurradiosupplies.com. I will further investigate this order immediately.

Best,

Jeff N1SNB

Well I emailed back with clear reference to his "invitation" to see if anything would come of it. No return response. I explained what the order was and sent segments of the preceding 4 email inquiries to jog his memory. My order has somehow been purged from his system. Makes no difference now. I wont waste anymore of my time. Hope you fellows find some satisfaction of your orders held hostage. Jeff KJ4RWH
NR9R

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2014, 09:21:13 AM »

I'm fascinated to know.  What was the initial draw for making the purchase at Amateur Radio Supplies? There are many online retailers selling similar amateur radio related items so it is interesting that this store seems to be overwhelmed with purchases.  I'm curious for my own market research.  Maybe because of my pipe dream of opening an e-store offering solar energy and possibly some amateur radio related items.

Was it the price? 

Was it the product selection? 

Was it to support a new company?

Was it the ease of ordering on their website?

Thanks for the feedback!

Anthony, NR9R
KG7CWG

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2014, 03:57:59 PM »

If all goes right this will probably be my last post about the crook at Amateur Radio Supplies, LLC for a while. Not because I am giving up, but because now others need to do what I have done. Plus, the guy finally sent me a refund check that I hope is going to clear. I deposited it in our bank account and am waiting to make sure it is good before declaring that part done. But it's a start toward resolution. Now I look to the rest of the Amateur Radio community to take action. The following is an excerpt from an email I received from the office of the Attorney General of New Hampshire; "Your complaint was reviewed by an attorney who makes the decision. When you conduct business over the internet, the jurisdiction becomes that of the state in which the consumer lives and not that of the state in which the business is located. In order for the attorney general’s office to pursue a company in the way you are suggesting, the people who complain on that website, need to file written complaints against the company either through their attorney generals or by sending it here depending on how the business was conducted. Since we only have two or three complaints, it is not enough to pursue to the measure you are talking about." This means that all the rest of the folks who have been cheated and have posted complaints on the various sites need to do what I have done. I filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau, The Attorney's General of Massachusetts and New Hampshire and the State of Washington where I live, and of course IC3 who is the federal site to file an internet fraud complaint. But it seems that the Attorney Generals take the most action if warranted. And if you missed it, Amateur Radio Supplies is doing business with more than one address and more than one name including Ham Radio Source and a connector company. I have only focused on ARS and HRS who share the addresses of; 1 Red Oak Drive, Unit B, Plaistow, NH 03865, 3 Washington Square Suite 204, Haverhill, MA. 01830 and also the address that was on the check from Amateur Radio LLC, PO Box 370, N. Haverhill, NH 03774. Do you notice a similarity between the last two addresses. So bottom line, if you want to see this kind of fraudulent business go away, you have to take action too! Start filing complaints where they will do some good! In the meantime keep the airwaves humming and 73!
W7DTG

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2014, 11:35:53 AM »

To the reader of this post:
I have been attempting to collect a debt from Amateur Radio Supplies, Jeff Demers, N1SNB in a non public way using emails to him with zero results. This is an attempt to inform the amateur radio community about this company under the management and ownership of N1SNB in the hopes that it will help my fellow ham radio friends to make an informed decision when dealing with him or his business/s.

This post is NOT about the company Amateur Radio Supplies LLC directly (IF it is under a new owner or manager (see details later in this post), but about their internet web site affiliate program under the ownership of Jeff Demers, N1SNB and his failure in my opinion, to live up to his responsibilities of paying commissions to me as an affiliate of Amateur Radio Supplies in a timely manner.

Some history....
I joined the Amateur Radio Supplies affiliate program in mid 2012 and placed many ads on Hamuniverse.com directing visitors to Amateur Radio Supplies which resulted in a multitude of sales in the thousands of dollars for Amateur Radio Supplies.

These amounts were generated by the affiliate advertising using tracking id codes embedded in the ads for record keeping by the affiliate program operated by a company called Volusion on Hamuniverse.com through the end of June in 2014, when I ceased being an affiliate due to non payment of commissions to me for the entire period of January 2014 through the present date.

Payment of the commissions due me before the dates above were usually on time, (paid after a quarter year, but they were increasingly further and further apart. I removed all advertising related to the affiliate program by the end of June, 2014 from Hamuniverse.com thus ending my "affiliate association" with them.
As of this year starting in January, 2014 (the first month of the first quarter) he has failed to pay commissions due me for ANY part or ANY quarter of the year 2014, totalling several hundred dollars! As a direct result of non-payment by him to me, I no longer am an affiliate of Amateur Radio Supplies and have ceased advertising for him, Jeff Demers, N1SNB for any of his products on the Amateur Radio Supplies web site. I no longer recommend as a trusted source for anything ham radio related.

Numerous emails to him over the last 6 months and to other various "departments" at Amateur Radio Supplies have resulted in little or no "exact and to the point" answers as to when I may receive payment from them (him).

His favorite word is "soon". I have been seeing that same word "soon" or similar procrastination such as "You will be paid", "It is in accounting", "All set and soon", and on and on since April of this year in emails from him! I have saved EVERY ONE of his emails sent to me and the affiliate records totals month by month owed to me to date.

To date, I have received exactly $0.00 from the affiliate program, ie Jeff Demers, N1SNB for ANY PART of 2014.
On 9-14-2014 Jeff Demers wrote in an email to me: (This is the last email from him to me as of this writing.)

"The new owner/managers are going to be reinstating the affiliate program. ..just an FYI"

NEW owner/MANAGER?HuhHuh Look at his post here on eham dated on or about 9/28/2014. He appears to be representing Amateur Radio Supplies with his email address and call sign!!!!

On 08/27/2014 17:28, Jeff Demers wrote:
"Don,
What is the address for your payout check?
It was only $8 less than expected.
Best
Jeff"

(keep in mind, as of this writing, this is October, 2014. My commissions started accumulating with the very first sale in the month of January, 2014. That's makes it 10 months since the first sale this year and still no check or ANY method of payment!)

Why does he ask for my address? All of that info was contained in the affiliate program sign up in 2012! I know that he has direct access to that info since it is/was his affiliate program.....More delays in my opinion but I did resend it to him and his reply was "got it". It has now been over a month and still no check from him or any method of payment...period! Come on Jeff, how long does it take to fill out a check and mail it?

At one point in time, several months ago, I sent emails to EVERY department listed on his web site contact page requesting info about the payment due me (including his so called "accounting department")....to date, none of them have answered my request for info! NOTHING, NOT A WORD FROM ANY OF THEM! Does Jeff Demers screen ALL emails under the domain name before anyone sees them? Is he avoiding me and my emails? The answer of course is YES!

As an added note. Jeff Demers also owns/administers/manages connectorzone.com AND Ham Radio Source.com. I advise to steer clear of them for obvious reasons!

SUMMARY
I regret having to post this to eham and going "public" with it, assuming they will accept it, but I wanted to inform others in the ham radio community about my experience with the Amateur Radio Supplies affiliate program under the management/ownership of N1SNB, Jeff Demers, and hope that you will use this post and the information that it contains in good judgment! It's your money!

You may or may not see a reply from him here, but I do expect to get an email or a check from him....."SOON"! Whatever that means. I can almost guarantee that if he does respond to this post, that it will be in the form of procrastination, "passing the buck" or he will look into it or any number of other lame "excuses" he has given me over this past year. He seems to have many and uses them often.

Over the past many months I have learned that what he says in writing in an email means little, and usually nothing. His definition of "soon" is much different than most folks!
More may be seen on Hamuniverse.com in the future in the form of a complete review of his affiliate program including all of the details between him and I....depending on his....."soon"!
I hope this helps each of you to make an informed decision in dealing with Jeff Demers and ANY of the web sites he owns or operates.
Don Butler N4UJW
Publisher Hamuniverse.com

I second what Don said. I have been an affiliate with Amateur Radio Supplies for several years now. Although the partnership started out great and i received several payments, now Jeff just ignores my pleas for payment. I have not YET been paid for 2 years worth of commissions for sales that I drove to his web site. He states that he prefers talking on the phone, but when the number is called, you get a recording. The only method I have ever received any response is through Instant Messaging him through GoogleTalk. Good Luck to anyone that orders through AmateurRadioSupplies or any of his partner sites. I hope that Jeff is able to straighten out whatever problems he has before it is too late and it destroys his business.
W7DTG

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2014, 12:14:54 PM »

I also agree with Don from HamUniverse that Jeff's words do not mean anything. When I was approached from Amateur Radio Supplies to become the affiliate manager I was very excited at the offer from Jeff. I received a payment in ADVANCE for the month which was very generous. I was also offered a generous 20% in sales and 40 hours of work each month at 10 an hour, which was great for me since I wasn't working. After receiving my 1st advance payment, which I desperately needed, it took several months of begging and pleading before I received anything else for the hours I worked. I finally stopped producing after my emails were ignored. The last response I received from Jeff was rather sarcastic, almost like he was rubbing it in my face that he owed me money for affiliate sales, even though at the time my family was broke and without any source of income.

To this date, I have not received any Affiliate commissions and In the last response I received from Jeff he denies making any other offers, even though I have saved EVERY email from him.
KV4RH

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Yesterday at 06:36:03 PM »

Looks like a lot of words and not a lot of action.  Will be avoiding this sh&t show and others like it going forward.  Sorry to see this type of cluster make its way into the amateur radio realm.  I thought we were better than this?
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: