Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Magazine  (Read 136968 times)
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 07:44:04 PM »

Totally non-responsive to my last two emails.  Here is my latest email to CQ Magazine.

Not having heard from you regarding my last two emails, and not having received my August issue, which I paid for in my subscription, I am now requesting a REFUND OF THE BALANCE OF MY SUBSCRIPTION. 

I have been a very loyal subscriber to CQ Magazine for many, many years, and have complete library going back to 1st issue.  But things seem to be going bad, and ignoring customers is a VERY bad sign.
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »

Totally non-responsive to my last two emails.  Here is my latest email to CQ Magazine.

Not having heard from you regarding my last two emails, and not having received my August issue, which I paid for in my subscription, I am now requesting a REFUND OF THE BALANCE OF MY SUBSCRIPTION. 

I have been a very loyal subscriber to CQ Magazine for many, many years, and have complete library going back to 1st issue.  But things seem to be going bad, and ignoring customers is a VERY bad sign.
A local fellow in the NW had the same issue!!

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
N4UM

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 06:17:52 PM »

From all the comments it looks as though CQ might be QRT in the near future.  Wonder who, if anyone will pick up sponsorship of any of their contests.  On the other hand maybe the feds will give CQ a handout like they did for the big investment banks that were too big to fail.  NSA could take over sponsorship and enter all those contest QSO's in their metasisizing data base.  Perhaps they could call it "Big Brother's WWDX contest."
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 07:59:09 PM »

I would be regrettable if  CQ goes QRT in the near future. I suspect that CQ Magazine as a standalone publication is viable. But maybe some of of the other magazines in the CQ stable may not be. Advertising revenue is down for all magazines, and advertisers pay the bills. At one time a magazine was considered to be profitable if it the pages were at least 50% advertising.  Publishers are facing hard times. This doesn't make it easier for the authors who've been patient over the past several years. Let's hope it all works out.

W8GP

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 11:03:12 AM »

I also did not receive my August issue and got no response after 2 e-mails.I am very disappointed since this issue has the results of the 160 contest, which is the only contest that I seriously operate.I sure hope they get things resolved soon.
KR4BD

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 12:04:15 PM »

Have any of the mail subscribers received their October issue of CQ yet?  It SHOULD be out.  The "Problem" is also affecting their other publication, Popular Communications.  I am still waiting on the September and July issues.  And, like everyone else, my August issue of CQ is MIA. 

I am miffed that CQ has not come out with any meaningful explanations.  I still have two years left on CQ and I just re-upped Popular Communications for another two years.... 

K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2013, 12:22:46 PM »

Here is response just received from CQ:

Thank you for your recent email regarding your August 2013 issue of CQ.  Unfortunately, we are out of stock with the August 2013 issue, however, we have extended your subscription for one month do to the non-receipt of this issue.  We are also including the August 2013 link so that you may view this issue online.

And here is my response:

This response is NOT ACCEPTABLE.  I have a complete set of CQ's from issue #1 up to August.  I do not accept not receiving August issue.  That would be the ONLY issue missing since 1945.  I do not want my subscription extended.  I want the August issue.

The way I figure this, CQ ran into a money problem for July issue, finally got it printed and out the door in early August.  Didn't have the money to do a full run for August, or to pay for mailing.  In effect skipping an issue.  Extending a subscription by a month pushes problem down a ways.

MY SUGGESTION TO ANYONE THAT PLANS TO SUBSCRIBE TO CQ OR RENEW SUBSCRIPTION:  BEWARE.

It took two bitchy e-mails to CQ but they finally sent me the August issue under separate cover.  It arrived in a manila envelope.  Don't give up.  They have them.
N7IBC

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »

I just noticed the same thing.
I got my September edition first, then just got my October, but no August.
And as someone else said, I got a renewal notice.
I don't think that is going to happen at this point!
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2013, 05:33:31 PM »

It took two bitchy e-mails to CQ but they finally sent me the August issue under separate cover.  It arrived in a manila envelope.  Don't give up.  They have them.

Interesting. I called yesterday and heard what others have posted: that August is out of stock. So they extended my subscription -- initially she said one issue and later said two -- and sent a link to the Zinio ebook version, but it doesn't load.
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 06:08:57 PM »

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their October CQ issue?  I haven't received it, nor the refund that was promised over two weeks ago.
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 06:27:56 PM »

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their October CQ issue? 

I haven't.
W3DBB

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 06:17:45 AM »

October issue arrived yesterday, October 1. Could this be the start of a new trend, i.e- receiving paid subscription issues in a timely manner or even at all without having to resort to begging, cajoling, etc.? Time will tell. Wonder how many print subscribers will be 'shaken loose' and switch to digital   Roll Eyes.

The October issue has two good articles. This issue is billed as an emergency communications special.

Moseson has a condensed (massaged?) version of what were termed "printer problems" in his Zero Bias editorial. He used to work for CBS, after all. There is an article written by a licensed psychologist on the raison d'etre of those who engage in intentional and/or malicious interference. A short yet well thought-out article that has the ring of truth. Wayne Mills DX column is interesting as it just about always is. He's a good writer plus he has something to say, stories to tell. Those are good traits for a column writer.

Doug
W3DBB
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 09:46:57 AM »

My October issue arrived today.
WA2ONH

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 07:20:09 PM »

… and now for the "rest of the story"

In the October 2013 issue of CQ I received today (Oct 2nd), this month's ZERO BIAS Editorial on page 8 has the following comments noted….

"About July and August

Virtually all of you who subscribe to our print edition received your July issue very late, and many of you received your August issue late as well (although not quite as late). We sincerely apologize for those delays and want to explain a little bit about what happened.

Without going into boring details, we encountered a production problem relating to the July issue that resulted in it not being mailed until late July. This got us off schedule with the printer, which in turn delayed the August issue. We changed printers as of the September issue, so hopefully these problems are now resolved. We regret the delays and apologize for the inconvenience. We also want to thank the vast majority of you for your patience and understanding as we navigated this bump in the road. "

So, does this mean my August issue is still in the mail?

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:23:39 PM by WA2ONH » Logged

73 de WA2ONH dit dit    ...Charlie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No time is ever wasted that is spent LEARNING something!"
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 05:17:02 AM »

What this likely means is they did not pay the bill, and the old printer would not do business with them again. Considering the low amount of subscribers (like 10,000), I highly doubt that the lateness of July would impact the August issue. We are not talking TIME magazine here. They are full of shit.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: