Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Magazine  (Read 109287 times)
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 02:55:49 PM »

We also want to thank the vast majority of you for your patience and understanding.

I'm must be part of the minority, then.  Several emails, no August issue (delayed or otherwise).  How can CQ be out of stock on the August issue if it was printed yet many (most?) subscribers didn't get one??  Where are all those extra copies?  I bethinks it smells in Denmark...
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 03:02:50 PM »

Several emails, no August issue (delayed or otherwise).  How can CQ be out of stock on the August issue if it was printed yet many (most?) subscribers didn't get one??  Where are all those extra copies?  I bethinks it smells in Denmark...

Same questions here. Plus, when I checked a couple of weeks ago, I could order the August issue online.

When I called to ask, they said they'd extend my subscription by two issues. That information probably won't show up on the address label until the November issue. They also emailed me a link to the ebook version of the August issue, but only the framework loads rather than the content, too. I replied to ask for help but never got a response. 
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2013, 09:29:16 AM »

Based on these three pages of comments, I guess I'm SOL on getting my August issue also. I emailed them twice, with no response. Sept and Oct received OK. Disappointed that I didn't receive a reply (not good business practice), but obviously I'm not the only one. I'll continue to subscribe as always, chalk this up as a glitch, and give 'em another chance. I know getting all worked up is "not about the money, it's the principle of the thing", but, in my opinion, there are more important "issues" in life. I do, however, have compassion for the guys that have a collection of all issues from #1. As for myself, I don't sweat the small stuff...keeps my blood pressure normal :>)

73,   Bob, K7JQ
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2013, 10:02:24 AM »

I emailed them twice, with no response.

Same here. That's why I called.
WO1X

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 05:40:51 PM »

Not sure to laugh or cry - the Fall Season began Sept. 22....... I received my CQ VHF Summer 2013 issue today.  Obviously, the contest section is completely out of date, most articles seem to be edited around July 1 or so.  Oh well - maybe the Fall edition will be my XMAS gift.
AC3DC

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 09:12:49 PM »

I just subscribed to CQ magazine 3 weeks ago and I did not get any issues yet! Shocked
I think I should have read this forum before I took out my credit card!!!!  hi hi
Oh well from the looks of things I might have been taken for $50.00 bucks!!!
I'll wait and see if I get what I paid for......  Good Luck & 73.  Alan
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2013, 09:27:34 PM »

I just subscribed to CQ magazine 3 weeks ago and I did not get any issues yet!

I wouldn't be too worried yet because monthly magazines typically take four to six weeks to send the first issue to a new subscriber.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2013, 09:14:06 AM »

I just subscribed to CQ magazine 3 weeks ago and I did not get any issues yet!

Don't worry, you haven't missed a thing.

W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2013, 06:35:26 AM »

What is there in CQ or QST or any magazine that you can't find on the internet or Library(free) including advertisements? Only advantage of a magazine subscription these days are portability i.e. Throne room.
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2013, 06:00:49 PM »

What is there in CQ or QST or any magazine that you can't find on the internet or Library(free) including advertisements?

For some of us, "find" is the key word. Sure, I can ― and do ― visit sites such as this to find interesting news, tips and other information. But I also like the convenience and time savings of having CQ's and QST's editors find a lot of that and other stuff for me.
KR4BD

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2013, 07:23:39 AM »

Has anyone received the NOVEMBER issue of CQ yet?  Has anyone seen the NOVEMBER issue on newsstands? 

Tom, KR4BD
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 06:41:18 PM »

Has anyone received the NOVEMBER issue of CQ yet?

I haven't as of Wednesday's mail.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2013, 08:28:43 AM »

Makes me glad that I let my CQ subscription run out.......
AD5X

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2013, 08:31:02 AM »

Has anyone received the NOVEMBER issue of CQ yet?

I haven't as of Wednesday's mail.

No November issue as of today (Nov 10).
Phil - AD5X
N7RJN

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »

It is November 12th and still no November 2013 issue of CQ. I subscribe to the digital version via Zinio.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: