Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Magazine  (Read 196704 times)
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 08:48:01 AM »

Nothing here as of mail Nov.12.

Bob  K7JQ  Arizona
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2013, 02:02:46 PM »

November CQ came in todays mail...Wed. 11/13.
KR4BD

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2013, 07:01:27 PM »

November CQ came in todays mail...Wed. 11/13.

Ditto...But my November Popular Communications is still MIA as of today.
NB3R

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2013, 04:20:25 AM »

My Nov issue arrived on 11/13.
WA2ONH

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2013, 02:14:56 PM »

At this SNJ QTH,

November 2013 CQ magazine received today - 11.14.2013 while
ARRL's November QST magazine received October 12, 2013.

I guess 1/2 of November's CQ is better than NONE!

73 de WA2ONH dit dit    ...Charlie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No time is ever wasted that is spent LEARNING something!"
MISTAKES are proof that you are TRYING
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2013, 02:04:49 PM »

No November CQ here as of Nov. 15.
WO1X

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »

There is hope, my November CQ showed up today - QST December was here 2 days ago.

Tom
KC9SNI

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2013, 08:58:03 AM »

As of today, November 20, I still have not received the November issue of CQ magazine, also the November digital issue is still not available on Zinio.  I called the CQ contact telephone number and was prompted routed by the operator to an unidentified extension.  I left a message, but no response yet.

Ron  KC9SNI  IL
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2013, 12:28:27 PM »

My November issue didn't arrive today, so I called, and they extended my subscription and promised to mail out the missing issues. (I hadn't received October, either.)

My situation might be due to an error in their database. When I called in September, they had an address that I haven't lived at since 1998, even though I didn't start subscribing to CQ until December 2012. Apparently the CQ database had me at the address I used when I started receiving Popular Communications as part of being a columnist. Yet my Pop'Comm subscription has followed me to three other addresses since then. Strange. And if a database error is the culprit, then why did CQ show up every month until August?
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2013, 09:53:26 AM »

After the initial problems I requested a refund of remaining subscription.  Here was response

"As per your request we have canceled your CQ subscription, and we have given our accounting department the appropriate information to issue a refund.
If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.
Sincerely,
CQ Customer Service"

This was on September 19th.  I did receive the Oct issue, which was fine since I know it takes some time to get subscriptions changed.  Two months have gone by.

Here was my email a week ago to CQ:

"I have received neither my refund or my November issue.  What is going on???"

Now it is Nov 21st and response, no refund, and no November issue.  If I lived near CQ Mag, I would file small claims action.  Maybe I can do it here in Missouri and see if they respond to that.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:56:48 AM by K0IZ » Logged
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2013, 05:49:08 PM »

I only subscribe to CQ Magazine and CQ VHF digitally via Zinio. CQ Mag was available yesterday while CQ VHF was available today. They changed printers...who have different technical requirements for transmission (full color separation embedded links etc.) ... which changes setup in unpredictable ways sometimes. Anyone who has send a postscript file to an old Linotronic typeset printer knows what I mean.

These delivery problems should be on the downside for these two titles. We'll see.

Frank
K4FMH
KD8IWZ

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2013, 06:19:44 PM »

I got the same "changed printers" a couple of years ago, and was also told that all issues are mailed out at the same time, 1 mass mailing. But I also noticed that even on a 'good' month, the local library and book stores ALWAYS had copies long before me .

73 Dale
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2013, 10:52:36 AM »

My November issue didn't arrive today, so I called, and they extended my subscription and promised to mail out the missing issues. (I hadn't received October, either.)

As of today, they haven't arrived, nor has the December issue. Have any of you received the December print edition?
KR4BD

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2013, 11:24:05 AM »

I am still waiting for the Novmeber Popular Communications.  I did get the Nov CQ a week or two into November, however.  As of today, neither the December CQ nor Popular Communications have arrived...   I think the "changing printers" story is getting a little old now.  I never did get the August CQ and several other issues from June to October arrived VERY late, some of them after contacting CQ to get replacements. 

I am sure there is "more to the story"......
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2013, 11:40:19 AM »

I just called again, and the lady said December mails out this week or next. Considering how overloaded the USPS gets at this time of year, I'll be surprised if it arrives before Christmas, assuming that it arrives at all.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: