Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Magazine  (Read 107063 times)
KC9UNL

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2013, 01:24:32 PM »

I subscribe to both CQ & World Radio with online issues.  It is 12/6/13 and neither have been delivered to Zinio.  Last month the excuse for CQ delivery was a "technical" problem. My opinion- -
I think they perhaps are having $$ problems and have to wait to pay for each online issue to be posted.  I also have noticed that CQ is not yet available on the newstand.  I sure hope they can start
to get it right.  Band condition, propagation reports, and special events and activities aren't of much use when you don't get the issue until after the first day of the month.
K6ZWB

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2013, 12:02:05 PM »

I whole heartedly agree that CQ has taken a major dive in the last 10 years.  The articles are mostly ho hum.  I would suspect that the majority of readers are not all that interested in " Trail friendly Radio " or the building of  simple little beginner kits.

What ever happened to real " Homebrew " ?  I have to think that CQ doesn't offer ample compensation to attract writers and designers or as one writer has stated they don't pay at all.

On top of all this the magazine is nearly always two to three weeks behind the delivery of QST.  When phoned and asked about this problem it is always blamed on the printer or distributor and then my subscription is extended a month or two as if this is going to be a " pat on the head and make me feel better"   When I ask their reps at various conventions they say they know nothing about it.  And this is a communications organization?  Its pretty clear that nobody in power really gives a big rats @$$.

Personally I think CQ is on its death bed and has been there a long time.  It is time to find a cure or pull the plug.
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2013, 09:39:19 AM »

I just got an envelope with the October and November issues, which they twice promised to send after I called to say I hadn't received them. But no December issue yet.
W4XK

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2013, 02:15:20 PM »

Has ANYONE here received the December issue yet?HuhHuhHuh

Bill W4XK
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2013, 02:18:29 PM »

Has ANYONE here received the December issue yet?HuhHuhHuh

Maybe Santa is delivering it.
N4GKS

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2013, 07:23:31 PM »

I've  already received January's QST. What's up with CQ?
VK3DWZ

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2013, 03:48:26 AM »

I had a gift subscription to "CQ Magazine" back from the late 1970's thru the 1980's.  I could still purchase it from a bookshop after that, but gave up as the magazine was mainly a "contest" one.
W4XK

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2013, 11:14:29 AM »

KEK-

You're probably right, but for now, I have the January QST to read until Santa gets here.

XK
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »

The digital version of CQ for December via Zinio arrived today. It's December 17th.

Frank
K4FMH
WB2AMU

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2013, 05:19:35 PM »

Hello to all:

I have already posted on another forum the difficulties that the authors are having as far as compensation goes.   Many of us still submit articles even though we know that we will not get paid.   I want to point out one point that was brought up.   In order to write a technical article such as a homebrew project, there is significant investment involved in buying parts, working out the design and then troubleshooting.   There is also a degree of accurary and fact checking involved when committing an article like this into print.  It is truly a time consuming process.  Who has the spare time these days to do things like this? In previous decades, it was possible to recoup some of the expenses when the author receives payment.  This is not the case any more and authors will write up articles that have some technical effort but not on the order that was seen in the past.  Unfortunately, the model is broken and the past is not coming back......
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2013, 05:40:57 PM »

No December print edition as of Saturday's mail.
KR4BD

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2013, 09:23:28 PM »

No December print edition as of Saturday's mail.

Ditto. 

Still waiting for NOV & DEC Popular Communications, too.  JAN QST, arrived TWO weeks ago.  I think CQ & PopComm are about done in print form.  I read on another site that they would be going ALL "digital" soon.  We shall see....
WA1YIH

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2013, 11:04:08 AM »

Wayne Green is finally getting his revenge. I have no August or December issue.
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2013, 03:39:20 PM »

As of 12/23, no December issue yet. Never received August issue, despite emailing them...no response. I was going to order a 2014 calendar...changed my mind. I figured August was an unfortunate glitch, but if December doesn't arrive, that's it. No more renewals.
KA4KOE

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2013, 06:31:42 AM »

Not surprised one bit by this news. I've already spoken extensively on the topic of CQ Magazine.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: