Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Magazine  (Read 195012 times)
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2014, 03:36:43 PM »

I started this post, way back when, was disgusted with lack of response to emails to CQ.  I never quite believed the "printer problems", unless they were problems related to "payment".  However I did eventually receive a refund of remaining subscription (a substantial amount, quite a few years).

I am encouraged that print copies are arriving, even if late.  And going to on-line for the other two publications is probably a very wise (and necessary) move.  Hopefully will strengthen finances.  Since I am a collector of CQ (all back to #1), I'm now reassessing and might well renew subscription.
KI6LZ

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2014, 04:22:44 PM »

Think there is someone that will print you up a nice looking one for 10 bucks or so. Not sure of site.
N5PG

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2014, 08:13:31 PM »

Now they say March:
  http://cq-amateur-radio.com/news/2014_02_attention_cq_subscriber.html
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »

Wow. They have now had print issues for over 6 months. At some point, if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, well ........
W3DBB

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2014, 04:06:38 AM »

Perhaps CQ Communications should apply for a bailout from the Troubled Assets Relief Program (T.A.R.P.).  Smiley
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2014, 04:47:18 AM »

Someone just posted in the DX forum that they applied for their WAZ certificate 9 months ago (last June), and have gotten nothing.

They are taking customer service to a new level. At this point, I just hope they sell to someone, and that someone modifies their business strategy.
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2014, 08:11:39 AM »

Someone just posted in the DX forum that they applied for their WAZ certificate 9 months ago (last June), and have gotten nothing.

They are taking customer service to a new level. At this point, I just hope they sell to someone, and that someone modifies their business strategy.
That was me. Actually, I checked my records and it's only been six months. (I'd created the application nine months ago and was a little slow about getting the cards checked.)

- WX2S

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2014, 11:27:56 AM »

That was me. Actually, I checked my records and it's only been six months. (I'd created the application nine months ago and was a little slow about getting the cards checked.)

- WX2S

That is still a ridiculously long time. WAZ is much tougher than DXCC, and has far fewer applicants. It's not like they have hundreds of waiting on WAZ cert, like the ARRL has for DXCC.
V47JA

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »

- WX2S

That is still a ridiculously long time. WAZ is much tougher than DXCC, and has far fewer applicants. It's not like they have hundreds of waiting on WAZ cert, like the ARRL has for DXCC.

The DXCC Certificate for my V49J contest callsign, was sent three days after I submitted my LotW application. So in my mind there is no reason for CQ to take "MONTHS" to check and send a piece of paper.

CQ has become a shadow of what it was in it's prime.  A very sad state of affairs.

John    V47JA
KR4BD

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2014, 11:09:15 AM »

Well...February is OVER. 

I still:

-Have not Received the AUGUST 2013 issue of CQ (NOR did most other subscribers)
-Have not Received the JANUARY issue of CQ.
-Have not Received the FEBRUARY issue of CQ.
-Have not Received the MARCH issue of CQ.
-Have not Received the NOV, DEC, JAN, FEB or MARCH issues of Popular Communications.

-Have not received any letter or email from CQ explaining Their "NEW DEAL" that was going to fix everything in February despite having sent numerous emails and a letter to CQ asking for an explanation.  I still have years left on my subscriptions to both CQ and PopCom.

Yes...I have read the comments from those who say everything is OK. 

REALLY?

It is certainly NOT GOOD News to see another ham magazine go down.
WB4IVF

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2014, 12:22:40 PM »

WA2ONH and N5PG posted the last known status of CQ and Pop Comm that I am aware of.  Also, it looks like the November issue of Pop Comm was the last print issue prior to being rolled into the new online-only "CQ Plus".  I did not receive mine until I sent some emails requesting status.  Too bad CQ does not send notifications of changes or delays to its subscribers instead of eventually (sometimes) mentioning them on their web site.  A sign of the times, but I'll stick with them for now I guess. 
K5REZ

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2014, 12:52:37 PM »

I'm glad that I ran across this thread.  I don't believe I've gotten an issue of CQ since October or November of 2013/last year.

Print is dying.  Sad but true.  CQ was very good about sending me "renewal notices" and I'm probably paid up through 2016.

Sent them an email, we'll see if anything happens.

73 de K5REZ

KC6RCM

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2014, 10:30:33 PM »

I am a current subscriber of CQ, CQVHF and Popular Communications.  In the recent past I would receive offers from them to extend my subscription for each magazine at a super savings and a great rate...  now I see why.

I had also fallen victim to World Radio, as a "Lifetime Subscriber"...  silly me.

Nothing lasts forever.
K5REZ

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2014, 09:50:14 AM »

The email reply from CQ looks to be a "rote" PDF file.

BEGIN:

Attention CQ Subscribers!

We are still experiencing delays with our January and February print editions.

Mail delivery is scheduled for March - followed shortly thereafter by a combined March/April issue of CQ . The combined March/April issue will only count as ONE issue of a subscription term.

Because of this change, both the SSB and CW results of the 2013 CQ World Wide DX Contest will be published in the May issue of CQ.  Your Patience is appreciated.

Please note!  Subscribers can access the January and February issues via the links below......

Please accept our sincere thanks for your patience during our recent transition.

END:

###

Yada yada yada....  this should be posted on the front page of their web site. 

K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »

The email reply from CQ looks to be a "rote" PDF file.

###

Yada yada yada....  this should be posted on the front page of their web site. 

Actually, it is.. there is a scrolling announcement right across the top of the page. If you click it, it opens a new a page with the info you posted.

Pete
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 25 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: