Wondering if I could damage my Yaesu FT60R HT if I transmit with the 12volt car plug supplying power without the battery pack installed. Battery pack seems to get a little too warm if I leave it plugged in for an extended period of time.
I appreciate any info.
It would depend if your radio has a built-in regulator to drop the vehicular voltage (anywhere from 12 to 15VDC) down to what the radio needs. If it were me, I wouldn't do it unless Yaesu makes a specific car-plug "battery eliminator" that puts out exactly what the battery would.
If the radio just has a charger circuit internally, it might depend on the battery to hold the voltage down at what is designed to properly operate the radio.