Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RC car crystal question  (Read 2203 times)
KE7EYX

Ignore
« on: September 29, 2013, 12:29:33 AM »

One nice thing about being a ham is you can play in other expensive hobbies such as RC car/ planes.  I'm getting my feet wet in that hobby now thanks to a neighbor introducing me to it. hi hi   Now to my question I'm trying to locate where one can buy crystals (50mhz) that can be used in rc car/ planes. Can any one point me in the general direction as I'm not having alot of luck at the moment with my searches.

Thanks Smiley
M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 02:33:30 AM »

Mouser.com and other electronics component suppliers have lots of them.
G7MRV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 04:20:22 AM »

Model shops that deal in RC planes will also stock or order the crystals

KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 11:27:46 AM »

One nice thing about being a ham is you can play in other expensive hobbies such as RC car/ planes.  I'm getting my feet wet in that hobby now thanks to a neighbor introducing me to it. hi hi   Now to my question I'm trying to locate where one can buy crystals (50mhz) that can be used in rc car/ planes. Can any one point me in the general direction as I'm not having alot of luck at the moment with my searches.

Thanks Smiley

It makes me wonder, how many people get their license because RC cars and planes are their passion? If the RC item exceeds Part 15 guidelines, it requires a license. Basically, anything more powerful than the RC toys intended for little kids requires licensing. With half of hams being Techs, it seems to me that there's a LOT of RC enthusiasts out there. RC cars/planes are far more mainstream than traditional ham activities open to Techs such as HT's.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 11:54:57 AM »

International Crystal http://www.icmfg.com/ will make most any crystal you need.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: