Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Presentation Ideas  (Read 2327 times)
NF9K

Ignore
« on: October 14, 2013, 12:00:45 PM »

I've been ask by a local club to do a presentation of the Raspberry Pi.  I currently use two Pi's.  One serves as my DHCP/DNS server from my home LAN.  The other I have running SVXLink which will soon replace the Windows laptop currently running Echolink on my repeater.

Obviously there are various levels of interest in this little computer as well as experience.  Basically, I'm asking what you'd like to see from an introductory level presentation?  I was thinking we could go out of the box to bootable configuration or perhaps start with a bootable one and explore some of the options, etc.  Ideally we could have two sessions, one from out of the box to bootable and the second one titles, "Well now what do I do?

Your thoughts and input are greatly appreciated.  I have a few months before the presentation, so I have time to work through things.....
K0JEG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 03:59:31 PM »

A few months ago I brought one in for our club's "show and tell." We have a projector available so it was easy to connect it to the projector's video input and I was able to show the powerpoint presentation using the PI. I then loaded up a few ham oriented programs that I found in the repos (FLdigi and Gpredict both have builds for the version of Debian I was using at the time), and interfaced it to my FT-817. I mentioned where I bought it (at the time they were hard to come by), and a few good web sites and Google+ communities to join.

Most of the guys were impressed with the size and price and a few have since purchased their own. If I were doing a presentation today I'd try to have a pIRLP node built and operating (if you have Internet access), and just show whatever you've been using it for.
NF9K

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 04:04:22 AM »

Thanks, K0JEG... I suspect our presentation will evolve over the next few months.  I was just wanting to gauge the waters and see if there were any obvious things that we're missing. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: