Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX-SR9T or DX-SR8T SDR  (Read 4200 times)
VA2PBJ

Ignore
« on: September 29, 2013, 11:26:18 AM »

Does anyone have any real experience with either of these radios using sdr? On the net there is a plugin for HDSDR. Does this bring it into the fold of other sdrs?

7 3 Peter VA2PBJ
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 07:49:17 PM »

Does anyone have any real experience with either of these radios using sdr? On the net there is a plugin for HDSDR. Does this bring it into the fold of other sdrs?

I don't own a DX-SR9T, but the specs and product description, plus vids, are pretty self explanatory. Not quite in the league of a full blown SDR xcvr, but it does give you an I/Q output to feed your soundcard, and run software of your choice for receive SDR functionality, which means you get to enjoy dynamic DSP filtering, extremely excellent audio quality compared to the radio by itself, DSP noise reduction, and reception and decoding of DRM broadcasts.

Alinco recommends this software, which isn't all that horrible. It gets the job done.
 http://www2.plala.or.jp/hikokibiyori/soft/kgtrx/index_e.html

It's difficult to describe just how tremendously better your receive audio will sound coming through the SDR software and PC headphones, compared to listening to the radio speaker or external speaker alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: