Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple Postings of the same question  (Read 1620 times)
W4KYR

Ignore
« on: August 25, 2014, 04:12:13 AM »

Multiple Postings of the same question = Same question is asked in different sections in the forum

I have noticed the same question is asked in different sections in the forum. While I understand that the OP wants an answer as soon as possible, the person who is responding to the OP's question in one section might not be aware that the question has already has been answered in another section.

Usually on most other sites, multiple posts are considered bad form and frowned upon. This is to keep everything focused in one place so the persons answering the OP's question are not going to end up giving the same answer if the answer has already been given.

For posts that already in multiple places, the mod just combines the multiple posts into one and asks the OP not to do multiple postings in the future. It is no big deal if people multiple post, but it does get a bit irritating at times, especially after answering the OP's question in one section only to see the same question in one or two other places.

Still using Windows XP Pro.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 04:25:14 AM »

I agree, it is sometimes annoying,  Especially if you've answered and then find another post in another section--and think your post has been removed! 

I've had this issue up for discussion (on this very page, AAMOF) but for some reason the thread was locked.  Oh, well.... 
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 07:37:25 AM »

Multiple Postings of the same question = Same question is asked in different sections in the forum

For posts that already in multiple places, the mod just combines the multiple posts into one and asks the OP not to do multiple postings in the future. It is no big deal if people multiple post, but it does get a bit irritating at times, especially after answering the OP's question in one section only to see the same question in one or two other places.

We have done the same here - when we know about it - we have to have these pointed out to us as we might not see them all.
Just click the report to mod button and tell us what the problem is and where to find the duplicates.

George
K5TR
AF6WL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 07:49:02 AM »

Part of the problem may be that the default view http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/ requires a lot effort to check each section .

Newcomers probably have not noticed the somewhat discrete link at the bottom of the forum view in the stats section.
http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?action=recent
This shows all recent activity and should be the default forum view.
W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 07:59:27 AM »

We have done the same here - when we know about it - we have to have these pointed out to us as we might not see them all.
Just click the report to mod button and tell us what the problem is and where to find the duplicates.

OK Thanks

I reported the multiple posts

Still using Windows XP Pro.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: