Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you buy a custom QSL graphic?  (Read 2332 times)
KI4JGT

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2013, 03:30:14 PM »

So, I've been playing around with 3D software for the last few years. I like sticking to simplistic and wholesome designs. Today, my uncle and I got around to playing with it and I made him a QSL card (png file <not an actual physical card>). He then had me to put his XYL's callsign in, their ten-ten numbers, their club, and he's wanting me to also add an address. While I was working on his card, I wondered if anyone would pay around $10 for a custom graphic that they could take to a shop and have printed. Here are links to the first card and to it after it's had everything added. Tell me what you think. Would you pay $10 for it?

QSL card with basic callsign
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23080006/Samples/KI4JJT.png

QSL card with extra details
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23080006/Samples/KI4JJT.S.png
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 05:17:51 PM »

JGT:

First of all, you do beautiful work.

Is it worth $10.00.  My opinion.... a definite YES.

Al - K8AXW
KD8TFG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 06:43:24 PM »

Yes I definitely would for sure  Smiley
KI4JGT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 08:12:56 PM »

Thanks guys  Grin
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »

JGT:  Answer me a question:  So you put together a design.....return it to the guy that wants it.  What is it he receives.....and how can it be used?

What is a "custom graphic that a guy can take to a printer?"  I'm not familiar with the process.  Some detail please.

KI4JGT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 09:03:03 PM »

JGT:  Answer me a question:  So you put together a design.....return it to the guy that wants it.  What is it he receives.....and how can it be used?

What is a "custom graphic that a guy can take to a printer?"  I'm not familiar with the process.  Some detail please.

Basically, I would email you a file (the picture) and then you would take it to someone to print it.

To everyone who thinks it will sell, what are some places to advertise the service?
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 09:42:45 AM »

Thank you for that bit of information..... but I still don't have a complete picture of the process. 

Specifically, can a person take a file (PNG, JPG...etc) to a printer on a jump drive and he can print it?Huh

As for advertising...... QST, eHam....... Huh I'm even dumber here than the photo printing process.

AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »

Specifically, can a person take a file (PNG, JPG...etc) to a printer on a jump drive and he can print it?Huh

I designed a front and back for my most recent QSL card, and emailed JPGs of both to the printer.  Got the QSLs in the mail a week or two later, worked great, and I liked not using one of the printer's standard designs.  It's nice to have something different!
KI4JGT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 11:48:57 AM »

Thank you for that bit of information..... but I still don't have a complete picture of the process. 

Yes, they can. You simply take it in to the printer on your flashdrive or email it to them and they can print it from there.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 09:20:58 PM »

Many thanks gents for the information.  I'm happy that I've learned something today!  I too prefer something other than the mundane.  Although my QSL days are over. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: