Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Curious - any single female hams want to chat?  (Read 28702 times)
KK4RXN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 08:07:05 AM »

Here XE0YL, Fifi Lopez,  shows off her... equipment.

One version of her card says she was a "glamorous model." Active in the late 60s and early 70s, this woman of mystery did have a beam. One card lists Collins equipment, 2000 watts PEP and a TA-33. She was a CW op said to have a good fist.  I couldn't find any XE0YL sideband QSL. No key is visible tho, but a costly BW sideband adapter can be seen.

Was she for real? Many have wondered about her exotic XE0 prefix which normally was used for novices confined to VHF. She doesn't look like a novice to me.
http://hamgallery.com/qsl/country/Mexico/xe0yl.htm

Certainly not exactly who I'd want to bring home to Mama... ;-)

---------------

Barry
KK4RXN
Jeremiah 29:11-13 / John 3:16
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 09:40:21 AM »

Re: KK4RXN

Maybe not to Mama but I bet your dad would approve. Grin
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 05:38:51 PM »

I'm not married to a ham, but I did date a couple.

In my youth (when I was about 18) I dated Inez, WB2URD.  She was very cute and petite (probably 4'11" and 110 lbs soaking wet) and we met in engineering school; she was an EE major a year ahead of me!

It was fun.  At that age, dating an "older woman" (even if only a year older) was worth bonus points. Wink

We didn't get married.  But at least I can say I dated a ham.  She knew CW and had a station in the basement of her parents' house, which was actually better than mine at the time. Tongue
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 10:56:38 PM »

Never dated a ham but I did date someone whose father had a ticket. Extra brownie points  Smiley

Tanakasan
K3CXG

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 01:33:33 PM »

Looks like Fifi's mic is plugged into either the O-scope or the HQ-180! 

Jeff, if you're looking to hook up with a lady here on E-ham, just make sure you get all your information up front!  This thread reminds me of the late legendary K4NBN and equally legendary wife.  From an old E-ham Forum topic: "Have you seen the QSL from K4NBN? It is a nude picture of his wife, Magnolia Blossom, who weighs 643 pounds! He runs Del's Nudist Colony in Razorville, Florida."  Never personally saw the card, but many other hams have. 
K5KVN

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 02:35:25 PM »

Guys, guys...  The solution is here: http://hamhijinks.com/new-ham-radio-dating-service-emerges/

Hams everywhere are using it to find that special YL.

KB3QIA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 03:39:21 PM »

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for transmitting with an unfavorable SWR...
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »

In my youth (when I was about 18) I dated Inez, WB2URD.  She was very cute and petite (probably 4'11" and 110 lbs soaking wet) and we met in engineering school; she was an EE major a year ahead of me!

It was fun.  At that age, dating an "older woman" (even if only a year older) was worth bonus points. Wink

We didn't get married.  But at least I can say I dated a ham.  She knew CW and had a station in the basement of her parents' house, which was actually better than mine at the time. Tongue

Hey Steve did she have a smooth fist?  Grin
KA6MLE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 10:08:42 AM »

I think I found her web page:

http://twicsy.com/i/Wb2uRd
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 01:39:16 PM »

I married a ham, 13 years younger than me. Who objected to my choice of lathe  as being too small. Who insisted on me getting a new oscilloscope. Who said we should get an HP Spectrum Analyser. Who said we needed a milling machine and a shear. Who said the rig should go in the living room as otherwise it would be anti-social........ and so on. And even though she wasn't going on the air, complained when the tower had been wound down for 2 months. Plus loves steam trains - but does have me doing the cooking and food shopping......

No, even after 30 years, I'm not swapping! Find your own where I did - the radio club!

BTW, she doesn't have a sister.......
K4HSM

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »

Here XE0YL, Fifi Lopez,  shows off her... equipment.

One version of her card says she was a "glamorous model." Active in the late 60s and early 70s, this woman of mystery did have a beam. One card lists Collins equipment, 2000 watts PEP and a TA-33. She was a CW op said to have a good fist.  I couldn't find any XE0YL sideband QSL. No key is visible tho, but a costly BW sideband adapter can be seen.

Was she for real? Many have wondered about her exotic XE0 prefix which normally was used for novices confined to VHF. She doesn't look like a novice to me.
http://hamgallery.com/qsl/country/Mexico/xe0yl.htm

More like a TATA-33 amirite?
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 11:23:58 AM »

Fifi taking a break during a contest. Notice the ingenious use of her right arm for logging. 

K5REZ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 09:17:39 AM »

Taking a break?  I was wondering about the VFO....   Shocked
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 09:35:55 AM »

I was wondering about the VFO

Or the VFO knob!
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 12:29:59 PM »

VFO knob? Hell I'd be more concerned about the bass setting on the speaker if she ever unplugged those earphones.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: