Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6900 LSB Spanish Ragchew Net  (Read 16228 times)
K5TED

Ignore
« on: October 14, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »

Operating with impunity, many claim to be in the U.S.

KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 07:53:29 PM »

Operating with impunity, many claim to be in the U.S.

The FCC doesn't care unless they are interfering with commercial radio users so why should we?  Just spin that dial.
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »

This is the SWL topic, so the point is that it's just another sometimes interesting thing on the dial.
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 11:06:07 PM »

Different countries have different frequency allocations for hams.  So, they may be perfectly legal in their country.
RENTON481

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 09:36:38 AM »

I sometimes hear faint Spanish QSOs in LSB or USB below the 40 meter ham band, usually in the afternoon or early evening hours.  Some of the SW DXers on other forums I go to refer to them as "fishermen". 

I've also read about Mexican SSB operations in the HF spectrum which are quasi-legal (i.e. technically illegal but not enforced) -- I think there was an article in one of the SW magazines a few years ago about the transmissions, claiming that some of them were used by fishermen, hotel operations, yachts, and the like.

During early morning hours that area of the SW spectrum (6900-7000 khz) has a lot of illegal LSB / USB transmissions from Asia audible here in the NW US.  I hear them more than I hear anything in Spanish.
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 06:26:03 PM »

They are not legal in Mexico or anywhere in ITU 2 or any other as amateurs.

Anything from anywhere in the 6900khz area is NOT legal amateur use.

It's "freebanders" or "pirates". The point is, it's unusual, unallocated traffic on the SW bands, and it's there for you to listen if you like. Nobody is playing band sheriff here.
RENTON481

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 06:08:46 PM »

True... And at that, some of it is interesting, some of it less so. 

The Indonesian ham pirate group-chanting being one of the more interesting aspects of the listening hobby.... 

Although it probably is a major irritant to the hams in SE Asia, Australia, and areas nearby that are trying to get around the frequencies where the chanting, talking, laughing, etc. occurs (I've heard it as high as around 7020 or so khz in the early morning here on the WCNA).
GW3OQK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 08:08:08 AM »

I can often hear English, French, Italian, and language similar to Italian 6.6 to 6.7. Also German on 6.9. Seems to be HF CB. Sunday rag chewing popular, between the aircraft comms. Surprised about the English, with loud and clear Geordie or Yorkshire accents talking about things going on in Sheffield for example. I wonder if they will be caught. Interested to hear its world wide.
Andrew 
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 08:26:28 PM »

Interesting point, that of the traffic sounding like "CB". It certainly does. That reminded me of several years ago, as I was searching the web for HF radio kits, I ran across an ad from some overseas electronics house advertising a "40m transceiver" with 25w output, AM, SSB and CW. The image shown was identical to the "Titan", "Eagle Tomahawk", "Comanche Warrior" "10m" rigs that were being sold stateside at the same time, with some different nameplate. I think they were selling for what amounted to $150 USD. I remember at the time thinking that was an odd monobander. Maybe not. Where there's a market..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: