Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KB0TXC/AG  (Read 6080 times)
KB0TXC

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2013, 05:49:33 AM »

Hi All,

I passed my General Amateur Radio license test last Saturday, with a 100%. Now I know that today's tests are way "dumbed down" from the golden years of HAM radio, i.e., the fifties and sixties, but though as a tech, I might have made a mistake here or there on the air, I was never a Lid. I can assure anyone that I will not be one on HF either. Though one does not need to know "the code" anymore, I have been practicing both sending and receiving code. I do not know if I will ever use it on the air, but I want to have the capability to do so, "just in case", though I doubt that I will ever manually key the plate of the final as was spoken of in the manuals fifty years ago. I have both a nice key and keyer, as well as a side tone generator.

So I guess this means that I can get on my rig and shoot the breeze with folks a long way further than the range of the local 440 machine.

Best,

Joe Herdler
KB0TXC/AG
AK7V

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:52:37 AM »

Congrats!
KE0XQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 10:33:31 AM »

Congrats to you! Been a ham for 26 years, joined QCWA last year. I passed the Novice (5WPM code), Technician, General (13WPM code), Advanced and Extra. I had a stroke in 1998, which affected my copying CW. When the code requirement was dropped for Extra, I upgraded to that class. Good luck in the hobby. Hope to chat with you on the air someday.

73, Bill KE0XQ
Omaha, NE
AD0FL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 06:18:23 PM »

Outstanding !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: