Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you Baofeng!  (Read 49079 times)
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2013, 05:55:06 AM »

If the shoe fits...

So you call me crazy, and another guy calls me a ninny, yet I've not called anyone a name since I've been a member.

Interesting isn't it?
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2013, 11:05:08 AM »

You've made so many inflammatory statements and have upset so many others here by your posts and your antics, yet you can say with a straight face that you haven't called anyone a name.  How droll.
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2013, 11:25:53 AM »

You've made so many inflammatory statements and have upset so many others here by your posts and your antics, yet you can say with a straight face that you haven't called anyone a name.

I say with a straight face I have not called anyone a name - yes.

I also disagree with your assertion above, that I "have upset so many others here by your posts and your antics"

You simply have no data to back it up with. How many are "so many others"? What "antics"? If I do antics here, then so do you. It's simply a subjective call on your part, so by the same token, you also do antics.

I, however, can link to posts that show objectively that I have been called names, which I never do to others.

However, if name calling is accepted by the Admins, which it apparently is, I can play that game too. No problem.
KJ7WC

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2013, 02:31:56 PM »

N5INP, anyone who starts calling for officials because someone opposes his view is subject to any number of names. I chose one that seemed fitting to me. Now, if you'd like to defend your stance like a civil human being, I'll be willing to wait before casting the next title.

Playing the role of "tattle tale" will get you nowhere.
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2013, 02:43:46 PM »

N5INP, anyone who starts calling for officials because someone opposes his view is subject to any number of names.

^^^ Rejected.

The "Report to Moderator" button is on each post for a reason. One of the primary uses is to report name calling in an otherwise civilized discussion on forums. So, I fully and completely reject your assertion. Additionally, stating that I reported it because someone opposed my view is utterly nonsensical.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:11:35 PM by N5INP » Logged
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »

Would you guys play nice. The thread was not started by me to commence a flame war. Just bury it.
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2013, 04:14:12 PM »

Would you guys play nice. The thread was not started by me to commence a flame war. Just bury it.

I agree, let's get back to ham radio.
K0RGR

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2013, 02:46:44 PM »

Yes, most of the Baofengs are Part 90 certificated, BUT, if you buy it direct from China via EBay or Amazon, the radio will probably NOT have a Part 90 sticker, just a part 15 sticker, and very likely won't actually meet Part 90 specs.

The ones you buy from a U.S. dealer will almost always be set up to transmit only on the ham bands. They do offer other 'versions' of the same radio that will also operate on the Part 90 bands. Those generally cost more. There is third party software available that will open the radios up in 'dealer mode', change their coverage, etc.. Once the 'dealer' has set the radio up and programmed the memories, all of the other keyboard functions and VFO mode can be turned off. I guess Motorola never asked FCC about that, and Motorola guards their software like it was gold, so the idea of an unauthorized person getting the software was probably never in their mind. There have been very few attempts to reverse engineer Motorola's code, and Motorola has gone after those that did, too. So far, the Chinese have not gone after the third party software vendors.

What are the odds that a couple kids will randomly choose an active public service frequency and interfere with it? What are the odds that they know how to program  a PL tone, and which tone to use? Unless some feeble minded adult set it up for them, I don't think it's very likely at all. More likely, they will find your local repeater and try transmitting on the output frequency with no PL. You might hear them, but probably not. 
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2013, 09:29:35 AM »

Don't underestimate young hackers! They can and do break almost any security just for fun. If some of the hacker crew decided to play radio, who knows what they could and would get into. Some might find that hacking code to let them "play" with government (fire, police, whoever) radio people a fun challenge.

KF7CG
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2013, 01:48:54 PM »

oh, there are prankers on public service and aircraft bands.  they get a lot more attention from the FCC than the 14.313 net.
KD9VV

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2013, 09:35:49 AM »

"Radios don't cause interference, people cause interference"

Starting to sound like a gun control issue. LMAO
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »

"Radios don't cause interference, people cause interference"

Starting to sound like a gun control issue. LMAO

Very true, though.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2013, 06:25:04 AM »

Why must everything that is considered malicious mischief be compared to using a gun?  You can think what you want, but if it weren't for guns and the patriots willing to use them, this country wouldn't be here--and the first person who used a radio and interfered with public service agencies would most likely find themselves in a room with iron bar walls.
KB4XV

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2013, 06:44:57 AM »

What about this. Anything that requires a license to operate should require a license to purchase.
KK6HJQ

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2013, 09:58:45 AM »

What about this. Anything that requires a license to operate should require a license to purchase.

There are at least two problems with this:

1) it makes sense.
2) product manufacturers--and their lobbyists?--wouldn't like it. (hihi)

-Aaron
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: