Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats going on with the Kenwood 990 ?  (Read 12180 times)
G0CVL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 02:44:29 PM »

Ok, so we have a new "uber rig", that when the figures are looked at, the radio that uses the SUB receiver as it's basis (TS-590) gives BETTER figures than it mega brother, then something, somewhere needs looking at.
Personally,I think Kenwood released the 990 a WEE bit to early, due to market pressure.
I know four friends who bought, and three have sold.
Hmmmm.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 01:37:45 PM »

Ok, so we have a new "uber rig", that when the figures are looked at, the radio that uses the SUB receiver as it's basis (TS-590) gives BETTER figures than it mega brother, then something, somewhere needs looking at.
Personally,I think Kenwood released the 990 a WEE bit to early, due to market pressure.
I know four friends who bought, and three have sold.
Hmmmm.

How close to purchase price are they getting?

I wonder if there is some Firmware issue that needs resolved? Or is it an example where all the money was spent on making the rig look "cool" which is debatable also.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
VE3TMT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2013, 05:31:37 AM »

While some like the 990, I personally find it very cluttered. I get the impression Kenwood tried to cram every option and feature into the radio. I think it looks like a microwave oven.

I would have preferred they released a new updated version of the 850 or the 870. These were great radios.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: