Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding off on license upgrade?  (Read 18547 times)
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 09:25:18 AM »

I wanted to say that I've decided to try and take the test at the beginning of December. The next shutdown might be in mid-January, so I figure that I can get in the ULS before then. Why not take it in November? Well, I've gotta take a test of my driving knowledge for CA DMV, I was in a fender bender in July and the cop thought I was "detached from reality" (probably shock) so he ordered a review. If for some reason I don't get in the ULS as an Extra in Dec, I'll wait until Feb.
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 06:07:01 AM »

I took (and passed) the Extra class on October 19, and it was posted on the FCC website yesterday.  I'd say things are doing fine.
W7HBP

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 07:51:07 AM »

... I don't want to have to wait months for my license.

Back in the day when I got my first license, it took over 3 months from test date till license in hand. No internet then. You just had to wait.

Times changed. My grandson did his general upgrade on a Saturday, he was updated in the ULS by Tuesday, fast for govt work.

ARRL Life Member|QRZ Life Member
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »

Good for the government but I still say that they are a bunch of clowns.
K1JEO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 08:49:36 AM »

I passed the Extra exam on November 24, still waiting for the upgrade to be posted.
KC9YTJ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 09:51:13 AM »

I passed the Extra on November 16 and it appeared on the ULS on November 26.

VBO, the ULS says your vanity call K1JEO was granted and effective on 12/6, but does not show your Extra.  You may want to contact the FCC...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 09:55:38 AM by KC9YTJ » Logged
K1JEO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »

I waited a couple more days and called the FCC today.  The nice lady I spoke to said they have no pending application for me, so it looks like there was a foulup somewhere.  I have written to the ARRL (I am a member) to see if they can put me in touch with the VEC.  I have also contacted my friends at the Atlanta Radio Club to see if they have any ideas.  At least I have 347 more days until they make me re-take the exam Smiley.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2013, 02:06:14 PM »

Re: K1JEO

Typical Emerald City SNAFU, Check the O'Bummer Care sign up web site, you may find your upgrade posted there.Good luck
K1JEO

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2013, 08:45:53 AM »

It turns out the ARRL VEC was holding on to my application, pending approval of the new call sign.  I spoke with someone at ARRL this morning, they sent the CSCE in electronically, and the upgrade was posted about an hour ago.  Glad I followed up.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: