Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14.313 lid gets fine chopped from $10k to $500  (Read 16904 times)
KD8OSD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 09:25:36 AM »

I get the impression that the FCC wants to send a message and get the offender to stop, and not to make the person homeless. My guess is that financial records provided by the defendant like contributed to the reduction.

What amazes me, is that as bad as the offender was, he did not commit a felony. Yet, hams want to fine him into poverty. No one here gives any consideration to if the offender has kids, a wife, or other family members, who may be severely impacted by a huge fine, even though they did nothing wrong. They may in fact be made homeless by such a fine, for doing nothing.

The punishment should be enough to deter the action again, and nothing more. Unless of course, he personally caused physical harm to individuals, or broke criminal laws.

The offender is the one who didn't have consideration to if he had a wife or kids who would be impacted by such a large fine. He was warned and did the offense again.

Just sayin'
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 06:59:31 AM »

I still say no matter what hang him up by his gonads and let the wife and kids watch.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: