Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRO Christmas sale?  (Read 8379 times)
KV4PR

Ignore
« on: October 27, 2013, 03:19:31 PM »

Does anyone know if Ham Radio Outlet has yearly Christmas sales?  I'm in the market for a new HF base station as well as PS, tuner, etc. to go with it and was thinking I'd be ready to buy by mid Nov, but would be willing to wait if I knew they were going to be having a sale.

Thanks in advance!

Frank
KV4PR

Frank
KV4PR
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 04:29:22 PM »

I'd be ready to buy by mid Nov, but would be willing to wait if I knew they were going to be having a sale.

The way it usually works with me is a week after I buy a new radio, the price goes down because of some coupon.

I have been in the market for a Icom 7100 for a couple of months. I was waiting for a good sale. I finally found it a few days ago. Gigaparts has them for $1539, which is $110 cheaper than what they have been, In addition Gigaparts gives a 3 year extended warranty for $1 more on this radio and a 30 day money back Guarantee. I jumped on it since it was a better deal than any other dealer.

When you see a deal you can not pass up, take it. It might not be better tomorrow. Then again it might be.  Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ

WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 06:57:36 PM »

Stan, although I have a Flex 5000 I still keep my eyes open for alternatives (as you and I have discussed in the past, I am a Flex fan but thanks to you I am a realist).  Please let me know how you like it.  I am a Kenwood man until Flex, and owned several over the years:520S, 570D, 480SAT.  Although I have a used IC910, that does not count since it's not HF.  I am very intrigued by the 7100, not for mobile but for base use. 

PS Stan, I am jealous, wish I still had my Viking Ranger (first rig) that I donated to my college club after I graduated.
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 11:57:49 PM »

Did you see the current promos in effect right now? $70 to $400 off coupons on many Yaesu rigs ... other manufacturers have promos now, too.

How 'bout calling your closest HRO and letting them know what you are interested in, and seeing what they might have in mind for you - equipment suggestions and promos? If you do not already have a relationship with a particular HRO, then please consider calling the Anaheim, CA store. They have an excellent crew there.

Clint Bradford K6LCS
Former HRO-Anaheim staffer

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com
NN4RH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 03:45:39 AM »

The way it usually works with me is a week after I buy a new radio, the price goes down because of some coupon.

Ok. So the next time you buy a new radio, just post a message here and let the rest of us know so we can save a few $.
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 04:09:09 AM »

I am very intrigued by the 7100, not for mobile but for base use. 

PS Stan, I am jealous, wish I still had my Viking Ranger (first rig) that I donated to my college club after I graduated.

I am intrigued by the 7100 too. I sold my Icom 7000 last week and I really liked that radio. Hopefully the 7100 is an improvement. I like Kenwoods too, a TS-590s replaced my Flex 5K and still does a great job.

I keep the Viking Ranger and Valiant to heat the shack in the winter..  Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 04:11:05 AM »

Ok. So the next time you buy a new radio, just post a message here and let the rest of us know so we can save a few $.

I just did , I bought a Icom 7100 last Friday. There are almost sure to be better deals on this radio after Nov.1....  Wink

Stan K9IUQ
KV4PR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 06:42:45 AM »

Did you see the current promos in effect right now? $70 to $400 off coupons on many Yaesu rigs ... other manufacturers have promos now, too.

Yea, I saw that.  Good on purchases up to the end of the year.  The one I'm looking at is the Yeasu FT-450D which has a $70 rebate.

I'm getting about a half dozen items to go with (PSU, tuner, etc.) and just can't help but think that if I wait until after Thanksgiving that I'll get a better deal.

Frank
KV4PR
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 08:08:26 AM »

Frank, why the 450D? I saw one on HRO Phoenix, it felt fragile to me.  I did not care for it.
KC5YN

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 08:35:06 AM »

Wish Elecraft would have a 'sale',,, My current "wish list" for a loaded K3-100 is at $5,434.40 plus shipping.  And yes, could start with the basics, but afraid my Social In-Security will run out before I could get it all together.

(As for heating, occasionally firing up the Swan 350 helps,,,)

Law of Location: No matter where you go, there you are.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 02:04:04 PM »

Wish Elecraft would have a 'sale',,, My current "wish list" for a loaded K3-100 is at $5,434.40 plus shipping.  And yes, could start with the basics, but afraid my Social In-Security will run out before I could get it all together.

(As for heating, occasionally firing up the Swan 350 helps,,,)

The plain-Jane K3 is a lot of radio.  I found a used one for $1,800 and with several options already installed.  I have been slowly tailoring it to my needs.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
K3UG

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 02:00:25 PM »

I'd say they're more likely to have a "Dayton" sale.
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 08:04:27 AM »

I heard that the city of Dayton was considering enforcing their 7.25% sales tax on sales at the fest.

I will just buy on-line, I can get 7.25% more radio that way.

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »

heh, so everybody who goes to Dayton with a trunk full has to get a city tax permit first?  first they need to build a larger jail, like say stadium size, and hire a thousand more cops to enforce that silly idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: