Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vaccant cw section while ssb section was wide open to EU  (Read 2908 times)
KH2BR

Ignore
« on: October 29, 2013, 03:32:17 PM »

I was reading the mail on 40m ssb section last night around 0500Z and EU ssb stations were blasting in to southern California at 59 plus 20db over s9. I figured it would be a great opportunity to work EU stations on cw so I fired up the big rig and called cq on cw many times but nothing.. !!!  I tuned around the cw section and it was vacant. No state side or EU stations.
Just nothing. !!! We don't hear EU stations in so. Ca often on 40 but this time would have been great. I know I can work EU on the other bands but I would like to make some contacts on 40m also. The signals were good and stable, just right for a good rag chew.
Robert KH2BR
KE5SBZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 06:32:47 PM »

I wonder about that also. Not just on 40 meters. I hear SSB from all over the world and no CW.  Huh
73 KE5SBZ Ed
N3HEE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 08:02:55 AM »

I'm live in MD and have been working lots of EU stations on 40 and 80 meter CW over the past several weeks in the evenings.  Lots of strong signals too.  Of course, most of the DX on 40 and 80 CW will be down in the first 25 KHZ of the band.   I have also been working VK and ZL stations early mornings (4:30 EST) on 40 meters CW.   Check the DX spots and take a careful listen.  They are there!  -Joe N3HEE
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 07:14:43 PM »

10m was ablaze with CW today. Europe, Asia and the Caribbean. Nothing super rare but Monaco was on 12m most of the afternoon too. I just couldn't hear them. They are the LAST country in Europe I need on CW   

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
K0XY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 10:41:21 AM »

...well 10m CW has had nice openings to EU for the last week or so, every day...and typically I hear NOTHING in Colorado...enjoy Ron K0XY  Shocked
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 12:00:12 PM »

I`ve noticed this on 80m cw as well. Don`t let it stop YOU from calling cq on cw. Sometimes you can catch a rare dx station before the rest of the world hears him. Which means a few seconds! That`s great if you can operate in the early am hours. A lot less competition and better condx to the west.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: