Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't seem to respond to classifieds  (Read 3994 times)
AF8JC

Ignore
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:22:09 PM »

I have been a regular visitor and infrequent poster on eham.net for some time. I have never tried to respond to a classified ad until last week. I have tried to send a response using 2 different browsers (ie & firefox) as well as using 2 different computers.

I get the reply window that has my email address already filled in. I type my response and then check the box that says to "send a copy to my email". I never get a copy sent to myself, and the 2 folks that I have sent messages to, never respond.

It may or may-not be related, but I think I tried to send a PM to a member and that message doesn't show as a "sent message" in the "My Messages" folder.

I thought it might make a difference if I became a "paid subscriber", but that didn't change anything either.

What am I not doing, or doing wrong? I am reasonably computer literate (or so I thought), and have been participating on many forums for many years.

AF8JC  Jim Caudill
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 07:00:19 AM »

I have been a regular visitor and infrequent poster on eham.net for some time. I have never tried to respond to a classified ad until last week. I have tried to send a response using 2 different browsers (ie & firefox) as well as using 2 different computers.

What am I not doing, or doing wrong? I am reasonably computer literate (or so I thought), and have been participating on many forums for many years.

Jim

I am sorry for the trouble - we are having an issue with email at the moment.  We hope to have it resolved soon.

George
K5TR
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 07:58:18 PM »

I am sorry for the trouble - we are having an issue with email at the moment.  We hope to have it resolved soon.

This should be fixed now.

George
K5TR
AF8JC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 05:27:37 PM »

Just replied for the third time (but only the first time since you said it was fixed) to a classified ad, AND IT WORKED! Thanks for getting this snafu straightened out. Now we'll see how long it takes for WB0YEX to respond to my offer. Grin

Jim Caudill
AF8JC
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 07:03:09 PM »

This should be fixed now.

I am not the original poster, but thank you for your help in these things, it makes for a fun system!

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: