Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XZ1J - Myanmar November 15-26th  (Read 30592 times)
WG5G

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2013, 02:53:35 PM »

Good afternoon to all, still no luck here, but wanted to give Paul some feed back from South Texas, I heard u calling cq on 28.460 lsn 465 around 1530z, u of course didnt hear me and u qsyed to 10 mtr cw, u peaked here at s7 lp and were solid Q5 copy till around 1600z. I saw the spot for 20 mtrs at abt 1600z and couldnt beleive the s9 signal on the short path, I tried but Europe was too strong, then the NA stations beat me out, I will try again tmw, the opening on 20 lasted abt 1 hr as I had no copy when WO2C wked u at 1700z.I have noticed some big gun stations in club log with 6 qsos on same band mode!!! Please give some a chance at a single qso, 73 Dan WG5G.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2013, 03:59:23 PM »

That is the damn worse mess I have ever heard right now on 14025.  I think all the drunk redneck pigfarmers came over from 40m.   Screw it......... I am going to watch TV re-runs.  My patience is just
not there.  I will listen again in the AM.  Good signals this AM, but no luck.
73, Gene AF3Y

update:  They are still at it.......0045Z cant tell if its simplex or split. (Neither can anyone else Angry)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:45:56 PM by AF3Y » Logged
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2013, 04:35:18 PM »

I can't get them still though the past few days they were loud on small opening windows especially on 10m.  But yeah Gene, people don't know where up is and then millions of cops + tuner uppers = chaos.  Also they started going by NA call districts and a few don't drop their call in their call districts so the ops are lecturing them.  Sad

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2013, 04:38:59 PM »

It's a good thing Netflix had a lot to offer tonite.  NA at it's finest, huh???

Randy AJ7G
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2013, 04:43:10 PM »

I have noticed some big gun stations in club log with 6 qsos on same band mode!!!

Really! What's up with that?

I guess one QSO per band/mode isn't good enough anymore, you have to have 2, 3, and I guess up to 6 Q's on the same band and mode.
I've heard of insurance QSO's, but how many do you need? An insurance QSO for every band/mode slot? And I guess an insurance QSO for the insurance QSO.  Sad
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2013, 05:44:05 PM »

Paul had another nice run to North America on 15 meters this evening and it looks like they were able to work quite a few guys on that band. He went up to 10 meters for a bit but the propagation just wasn't there, at least not with my little 3-el SteppIR. I did work him on 12 meters and he was nice enough to ask me to try again on 10 meters and went out of his way to give it a try. What can you say, he's a class act Smiley We didn't make it, but there is still plenty of time. I was still happy to make the 12 meter contact and also worked S21ZBC on 15M RTTY.

John K7KB
WO2C

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2013, 06:09:33 PM »

I will try again tmw, the opening on 20 lasted abt 1 hr as I had no copy when WO2C wked u at 1700z.I have noticed some big gun stations in club log with 6 qsos on same band mode!!! Please give some a chance at a single qso, 73 Dan WG5G.

There's selfish, then there's "I-spent-more-money-so-I-can-transmit-over-everyone-else-anytime-I-want" selfish. After all, might makes right, doesn't it?  Angry

I think one to a customer should be sufficient. Keep trying, Dan--as I said, if I can work them, so can you.

As for me, I'm going to take my measly, little 20 meter SSB contact, be thankful for it, and shut up so other amateurs can have a chance.

Ray, WO2C
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2013, 06:23:31 PM »

I will try again tmw, the opening on 20 lasted abt 1 hr as I had no copy when WO2C wked u at 1700z.I have noticed some big gun stations in club log with 6 qsos on same band mode!!! Please give some a chance at a single qso, 73 Dan WG5G.

There's selfish, then there's "I-spent-more-money-so-I-can-transmit-over-everyone-else-anytime-I-want" selfish. After all, might makes right, doesn't it?  Angry

I think one to a customer should be sufficient. Keep trying, Dan--as I said, if I can work them, so can you.

As for me, I'm going to take my measly, little 20 meter SSB contact, be thankful for it, and shut up so other amateurs can have a chance.

Ray, WO2C

Ray, I am jealous!....You bagged Burma?....Nice job!....I will never hear that one with my wet noodle....and that part of the world is a HUGE PITA for me from here....So I probably won't be making any effort to go thru the pain.....Great Job....being in Cali sure does help!.....CUL....

V
KA3NRX

WO2C

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2013, 06:30:10 PM »

Hi, Vince.

"Bagged" Burma? Lord, no. I'm incapable of "bagging" anyone, anywhere. Except for maybe you & Chris on .52 simplex when I'm home.  Wink

Credit really has to go to XZ1J: the quality of their equipment and the skill of their operator to (somehow) pull my quiet, little signal out of the static. Listening to them on the air and reading Paul's comments here, I'm convinced that they really are doing their best to give everyone an ATNO.

And, keep trying Vince--you'll get 'em.

After all, weren't you the first ham radio operator in the history of Duquesne University to earn the Worked All Exoplanets Award?  Grin

Ray, WO2C
N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2013, 06:44:34 PM »

Good afternoon to all, still no luck here, but wanted to give Paul some feed back from South Texas, I heard u calling cq on 28.460 lsn 465 around 1530z, u of course didnt hear me and u qsyed to 10 mtr cw, u peaked here at s7 lp and were solid Q5 copy till around 1600z. I saw the spot for 20 mtrs at abt 1600z and couldnt beleive the s9 signal on the short path, I tried but Europe was too strong, then the NA stations beat me out, I will try again tmw, the opening on 20 lasted abt 1 hr as I had no copy when WO2C wked u at 1700z.I have noticed some big gun stations in club log with 6 qsos on same band mode!!! Please give some a chance at a single qso, 73 Dan WG5G.

I was going to Dallas on I-20 this morning. I could copy the 20M SSB pretty good from 1545 to 1620. S5 sometimes S7 on my mobile. 1630 nearly gone. 1640 NIL. Since this was evidently short path over the north pole. Nearly everyone else was closer than I was. Not much in the US farther south than Texas. I heard lots of upper midwest get through. The usual for short path to central Asia. Believe me, this I have seen MANY times before on 20M.

10M SSB...... I heard one little upswing and that was it.

I will have the time to make a better effort the next few days. Maybe I will get some better propagation.

GL and 73  Tony N5UD/M
VA2FSQ

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: November 19, 2013, 09:14:06 PM »

Anyone have any hints on times for Montreal area?
haven't heard a peep yet.

VA2FSQ
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2013, 09:28:03 PM »

I have worked VE1DX and some VO1s in the Long Path opening at our sunset.  This is a very brief and so far unreliable opening, but I've hit it twice now to Eastern Canada.

Paul N6PSE
XZ1J team
K0AP

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2013, 10:07:56 PM »

I have worked VE1DX and some VO1s in the Long Path opening at our sunset.  This is a very brief and so far unreliable opening, but I've hit it twice now to Eastern Canada.

Paul N6PSE
XZ1J team

Amazing signal on 10m long path. It was unbelievable pileup but managed a Qso after calling for almost one hour. Initially I felt there is no way I can break the huge pileup with my 2el HEX beam at 25 ft but the persistence prevailed and to my great surprise I got them. Definitely one of my most memorable Qso's in my almost 30 years of amateur radio career.  Thank you XZ1J team.

73 Dragan KØAP
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2013, 11:25:57 PM »

Paul N6PSE
XZ1J team

Amazing signal on 10m long path. It was unbelievable pileup but managed a Qso after calling for almost one hour. Initially I felt there is no way I can break the huge pileup with my 2el HEX beam at 25 ft but the persistence prevailed and to my great surprise I got them. Definitely one of my most memorable Qso's in my almost 30 years of amateur radio career.  Thank you XZ1J team.

73 Dragan KØAP

Congrats on the new one!  I love hearing stories like yours.  What a great job the XZ1J team has done.

Jonathan W6GX
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2013, 04:19:11 AM »

Finally!  FINALLY!! Cheesy Cheesy

Snagged em at 1212Z on 15 CW. (#314)

Think I'll head to the diner for cheese-grits and eggs!! (Gotta replenish my cholesterol)

GL to all who need this TOUGH one.

73, Gene AF3Y
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: