Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE! KK4PTV Paul B Chebi Orange Park FL  (Read 29410 times)
WA8MEA

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2013, 09:27:48 AM »

KK4PTV Paul B Chebi Orange Park FL

He will purchase items from you, claim they are not to his liking, and then go directly to PayPal for a refund WITHOUT RETURNING THE ITEM! PayPal always believes the buyer and immediately removes the money.  So he gets a free radio, antenna or accessory; because he gets his money back without returning the item!

I know, I know.  I'm gonna get a sermon from many of you about my use of PayPal.  But seriously, after more than a decade, this is the first real issue I have had with PayPal.

73, Bill
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 07:48:40 AM »

Changed:  I just realized that this thread is a duplicate of another in the Seller/Buyer beware forum--my remark here mirrored my original post there.  73!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:00:32 AM by K1CJS » Logged
NV2A

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 05:23:57 PM »

Insist on payment via US Mail.  You are then protected under postal fraud laws.  I've had to use it once for ebay'er who refused to send item after I had paid and insisted on tracking numbers.  I got my item about 5 days after filing the fraud claim.
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 07:32:22 PM »

Ray, you would not believe how this whole thing has gone.  The guy claims he returned it, but it is NOT to my address!  PayPal is taking him at his word that he returned it!  There is NO WAY for me to dispute that I did not receive the item and he sent it to a wrong address!  In fact, PayPal automatically awards the case to him if I don't check-mark a "YES" response that the product was returned back to me!  There is no alternative box to check-mark, stating that I did NOT get the item back!  There is no way to communicate with them at this step of his so-called "dispute"!

This is total BS!  This paves a whole new way for scammers to "return" stuff to an alternate address of theirs, and claim they "returned the item to the seller".  Heck, they could return a box of toilet paper to that alternate address and claim a product was returned to the seller... while holding onto the actual rig!!  

Ray, I'm a tellin' you, that if I was not an honest man... I could EASILY initiate getting a "free" rig tonight, with the help of PayPal.  This is unbelievable to me.

I went to the BBB.  They helped in a situation involving my son about two years ago.  However, with this case, it appears they are going to let this guy walk free with my stuff and my money before the BBB has the time to get involved.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 07:35:26 PM by WA8MEA » Logged
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 02:23:04 PM »

I feel terrible.  But sometimes you don't really know what is going on behind the scenes.

The family finally got the stuff back to me.  The guy is 82 years "young", but is evidently having some dementia problems.  Even though everything wasn't returned to me in tip-top shape, and a few minor things missing, I gave him a free pass.

My 18 year old son once said that anyone over 80 should be given diplomatic immunity... so they can do and say as they please.  I kinda agree with that... to a point.

73, Bill

P.S. But that still doesn't excuse PAYPAL!

---------------------------------------------------------
BREAKING NEWS!

You ain't gonna believe this!

No sooner did I end my pursuit of Mr. C. because he was an 82 year old senior with some health issues, and I get a call from PayPal regarding my BBB complaint.  I explained the issue was resolved, and even though I didn't get all my stuff back and some of it wasn't in the best of condition, I was dropping the complaint since the fella was 82 and having some health issues and I was giving it a pass.

They then listened to my rants about how sellers are getting shafted.  He came back with some interesting stuff about how sellers shaft buyers after selling, which I wasn't even aware of!  It was a very interesting, enlightening and cordial conversation.

In the end, the PayPal rep said I've been a great seller for over eight years with ZERO disputes against me, so we (meaning PayPal) are giving you your money back and an extra $25 for your troubles. 

My next question to him was; "WHY does it always take a BBB complaint to get results?" (And I might add, finally an AMERICAN on the other end of the telephone line!)

73, Bill
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:22:27 PM by WA8MEA » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: