Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad things happened to me  (Read 6656 times)
A61DJ

Ignore
« on: November 03, 2013, 10:39:28 PM »

Hi guys,
A suspected scammer trying to victimize through this forum. I have recently purchased an item from a poser named MICHAEL P LANDRY ( N1RVP ) . See previous conversations leading to the sale & payment to a US bank. Until now, there is no confirmation that my item is shipped as this scammer is insisting I have to pay US customs US$850 thru western union as taxes ( he claims this is a requirement by US customs?!?) to be able to export the item (antenna) to my country. Now, US customs requires a payment thru western union?Huh??  Huh Huh
I believe, this a scam! I asked him to just withdraw the item and ship to NY to avoid customs charges, still he insists US customs does not allow him to take the item back! What the @*^*Huh  Huh Huh

the conversations :

Hey, don’t think you can fool people with your simple tricks.
Simply take your item back, cancel the shipment, tell your customs (if it’s true) that you do not want to ship the item anymore,
Take your antenna and send my money back!
This is your full responsibility as a seller and a shipper, be reminded this is not the first time I am buying items from USA and shipping them here but this is the first time I heard about your unfounded excuses.
Just proceed to lessen inconveniences.

Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2013 13:22
To: Obaid Ali Alshamsi
Subject: Re: 3 Element Steppir Yagi 16' Boom and Controller for sale

I have tried all my possible best to make sure everything work out but i was told you have to make the payment seen the item is with them or you come over to clam it.  Huh Huh  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 8:22 AM, Obaid Ali Alshamsi <a61dj@hotmail.com> wrote:

Dear Michael,
I would like to understand your situation here, however, my common sense tells me otherwise.
The customs cannot oblige you to pay any duty if you decide to withdraw your item back and decide not to export it anymore. You are supposed to be the Shipper here not them, hence needless to say, you alone and no else decides what to do with the consignment.
But of course, this matter is obviously and expectedly is understood already by any common shipper, more so with people who is into buying & shipping globally.
To expedite this situation and to avoid more complications, having been fully paid the item already, I oblige you to do the necessary before it gets out of hand.
I believe, you should be able to take the item back with no issues, it is plain common sense.
In the first place, there was no agreement on paying the customs prior to shipment. You did make this clear beforehand, hence your responsibility to sort this out but NOT at my expense!
Please do so as requested and ship my item to the address provided in NY without any further delay.

Sent: Friday, November 01, 2013 23:45

I have been running around to make things work out for this shipping due to my health condition but the custom could not help i was told that you have to make the payment. The item is with custom. it will be relax when you make the payment.

On Friday, November 1, 2013 6:37 PM, Obaid Ali Alshamsi <a61dj@hotmail.com> wrote:

Why are you not answering?
I need your earliest confirmation of my shipment to avoid further action.

Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:30
To: obaid alshamsi
Hello Mate,

I just received a call from City Link courier office here in USA and I was told that customs has placed hold on the item you ordered for and they are requesting for you to obtain a Clearance Tax receipt which will cost a $850usd. This is a new law which is being implemented in the USA on items by customs are they require you to make payment in the name of the accounting officer in customs department.
We are sorry for every inconveniences this must have bestowed on you as the USA is a very strict place where laws are obeyed.

You are to proceed with the payment in the name of the customs officer to customs address via Western Union so payment can be verified and they will issue you a clearance receipt for 3 ELEMENT STEPPIR YAGI 16' BOOM AND CONTROLLER to be released for immediate shipment.

Payment Information for Customs
Receiver’s Name: Aminah Bedolla
Address: 2653 W 21st Chicago IL 60608 USA
Amount to Send: $850

Please kindly e-mail a scanned copy of the payment receipt so I can forward to customs for payment verification and will let you know once receipt has been signed.

Many thanks,73
Micheal..

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:25 PM, MICHAEL P LANDRY <n1rvp@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello Mate,

Kindly view below the shipping details and tracking number.

SHIPPING COMPANY: CITY LINK
SHIPPING WEBSITE: http://city-link.uk.pn/en/index.html
TRACKING NUMBER: CL2900107713US

Thanks

On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:12 PM, MICHAEL P LANDRY <n1rvp@yahoo.com> wrote:
Am processing on your shipment i will get back to you with tracking number and shipping details.
On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:42 AM, MICHAEL P LANDRY <n1rvp@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Obaid,

I will get back to you with shipping details and tracking number.

Thanks

On Sunday, October 27, 2013 6:32 PM, MICHAEL P LANDRY <n1rvp@yahoo.com> wrote:
I will check on monday and get back to you.
On Sunday, October 27, 2013 3:46 PM, obaid alshamsi <a61dj@hotmail.com> wrote:
hi michael,
The full amount has been transferred to your bank account, please complete the procedures Shipping antenna .

thanks
A61Dj

Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 13:48:18 -0700
To: a61dj@hotmail.com

How many days will it takes to reflect in the account ?
Thanks

On Friday, October 25, 2013 5:46 AM, Obaid Ali Alshamsi <a61dj@hotmail.com> wrote:

Here the payment
Pls check ur account and let me know when ur receive the money
Thanks
Obaid Ali Aalshamsi
MAIL
Reference Number: 43927286
From Debit Account:
Debit Account Number:**********
To Beneficiary Account:
Name: Annette Swartz
Account Number: 29804964756
Details:
Description: Remittance
Amount: 2,000.00
Remittance Currency: USD
Fees:
My Fees: 0
Beneficiary Fees: Not Included
Payment Details: Reference for Beneficiary - purchase
My address is:
Ibrahim Ali Al Shamsi
Street number : ***********
house number : ***********
P.O.Box : ***********
almezher 2
Dubai
UAE
Tel: ***********

Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 19:52

Thanks for your respond, Kindly proceed with the below details.

BANK NAME: Sovereign Bank
BANK ADDRESS : 601 Penn Street Reading, PA 19601
CITY: Waltham Massachusetts
BANK SWIFT CODE: svrnus33
ACCOUNT NAME: Annette Swartz
BENEFICIARY ADDRESS: 500 Main St. Waltham, Massachusetts 02452
ROUTING NUMBER ; 011075150
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 29804964756
Amount: $2000

Kindly get back with a scan copy of payment slip and necessary transaction details.

Hope to read from you soon.

Thanks

On Friday, October 25, 2013 3:43 AM, Obaid Ali Alshamsi <a61dj@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi MICHAEL,
Give me your details to send payment.
And here My address is:
Ibrahim Ali Al Shamsi
Street : ***********
Home : ***********
P.O.Box : ***********-
almezher 2
Dubai
UAE

Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 19:28

View attached photo. I have package and seal the Item for shipment. 3 Element Steppir Yagi has been mark sold in your name. I will be shipping via DHL and UPS. Looking forward to read from you.
On Friday, October 25, 2013 3:10 AM, Obaid Ali Alshamsi <a61dj@hotmail.com> wrote:
There is no attached!!
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 18:09
To: obaid alshamsi
Kindly view attached photo. Looking forward to read from you.

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:33 PM, obaid alshamsi <a61dj@hotmail.com> wrote:

ok, Can u send me a picture of the antenna?!
My address is:
Ibrahim Ali Al Shamsi
Street no: ***********
Home no: ***********
P.O.Box : ***********
almezher 2
Dubai
UAE
-
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 21:17:57 -0700

No. I can only accept Bank Transfer or USPS MO. Now you are in UAE, Bank Transfer will be okay. What's your complete shipping address ?

Thanks

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:49 PM, obaid alshamsi <a61dj@hotmail.com> wrote:

helloo sir ,
good moring , Do you accept payment by PayPal !

A61Dj

Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 11:54:51 -0700
Hello Obaid,

Am asking $2000 plus insured shipping to UAE.
I will be shipping via UPS or DHL. I will ship double boxes to you.
I will accept payment via Bank Transfer.
What's your complete shipping address ?

Thanks

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:09 AM, Obaid Ali Alshamsi <a61dj@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi ,
What is the price + shipping UAE ?!
Thanks
A61Dj

Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 15:07
To: A61DJ@hotmail.com
Cc: A61DJ@hotmail.com
Subject: 3 Element Steppir Yagi 16' Boom and Controller for sale

I have 3 Element Steppir Yagi 16' Boom and Controller for sale in excellent condition. It has no dent, no mark or scrathes. 3 Element Steppir 6-40 meter Yagi Brand New in 2 sealed boxes with 30/40 driven element, with Transceiver interface SO1 cable for Icom and 100 foot of control cable. It comes with the original box, A change in circumstance forces me to give up this antenna which I ordered at the beginning of March. Are you still interested in buying ? Looking forward to read from you.

Thanks

Anyone here, please give your opinion and need your help, this guy is on the loose, relaxing while fooling people with their hard earned money!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:51:45 PM by A61DJ » Logged
K9XR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 03:41:57 AM »

I know that address! Somebody else shipped some money to them. They are crooks. DO NOT send them another penny. There is no such customs law in the US. I hope you can get your $2,000 back because I am quite sure you will never see that antenna. N1RVP did not do this to you. Someone is hi-jacking his call.
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 09:05:03 AM »

"No. I can only accept Bank Transfer or USPS MO. Now you are in UAE, Bank Transfer will be okay."

That should heve ended the deal - period.
N0MKC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 01:23:29 PM »

I'd try to get in touch with Sovereign Bank's fraud dept. and work from that end; outline everything that's happened, especially the e-mail exchanges you've posted here.

Whether or not you'll recover your money from them I can't say, but most likely it will set things in motion that will lead to the closing of that account and perhaps a visit by the local police to "Annette Swartz" asking for an explanation.  At the least, it should put a serious crimp in their operations.

I seriously doubt that the crooks will willingly refund you anything...
A61DJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 10:41:10 PM »

hi guys,
thank you for the concerns, I am already initiating necessary measures to track these crooks and now taking the first steps to recover my money back. however, I would greatly appreciate any kind of help to find leads to get some relevant information of these people to put a stop to the B.S-tting they are doing. it has to stop now before they victimize more innocent & trusting people.
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 12:10:06 PM »

I think the lessons here for everybody to take away, is that one should not deal with anybody internationally unless you use PayPal or some other service like it.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 02:47:13 AM »

The dumbest part was how someone could believe that the US Customs Service would collect a customs fee under someones name. It may need to be to the attention of a person who is handling this case, but never payable to a person.

As a suggestion, call the FBI toll free number and ask where you could send the information to for an investigation. Obviously it is a criminal act across state lines and they would have jurisdiction. If your outside the US, call the local US Embassy.

I am no lawyer, but based on what I see happened, there is enough evidence of fraud there to make a case. And reporting crime is the only way to help stop it.

I hope the best for your situation.
WA2OLZ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 08:41:21 AM »

I am sorry this is happening to you.

For others reading the thread: the request for a bank transfer from international buyers is quite legitimate. It causes a  bank to bank transfer and you can see the deposit in your account in hours, if not minutes. The recipient name being offered was different than the seller's name is a major red flag. Run, do not walk, to the nearest exit.

Have you tried to contact N1RVP by telephone? www.whitepages.com shows at least two likely telephone numbers for Michael Landry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: