Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Malicious software warning radioreference.com ?  (Read 4969 times)
VE1GAT

Ignore
« on: November 10, 2013, 04:58:49 AM »

Anyone else getting the following warning from Firefox ?

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for forums.radioreference.com

What is the current listing status for forums.radioreference.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 22 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 1136 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 904 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-11-10, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-11-09.

Malicious software includes 10 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including metripe.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS14618 (AMAZON-AES).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, forums.radioreference.com appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 1 site(s) including freeze.com/.

Hands that help are better than those that pray.
Science, it works.
We have the fossils, we win.
Use Linux.
DJ1YFK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:05:46 AM »

I get it too, and probably everyone using Firefox who has not switched off those warnings does.

If you bravely ignore this warning, all you currently get from forums.radioreference.com is a HTTP Error 503; I suppose they are aware of it and are fixing the problem...

Fabian

KC8Y

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 07:10:33 AM »

I go to radioreference.com at times & use firefox as my browser, have never had any warnings or problems with the site; kinda strange Huh

I'm in country=USA, state=OHIO, county=MAHONING.  Search out frequencies to listen to for counties of TRUMBULL, COLUMBIANA, & PORTAGE.

Ken KC8Y

KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 09:25:50 PM »

I use Norton, and visited the radio reference site several time in the last few days.  No warnings.
DJ1YFK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 11:06:50 PM »

I use Norton, and visited the radio reference site several time in the last few days.  No warnings.
They appear to have fixed the problem, no more warning with Firefox or Chrome and the forum is back.

They use vbulletin for their forum and there was recently an exploit for it; maybe it had something to do with it: http://slashdot.org/story/13/10/09/1253209/dangerous-vbulletin-exploit-in-the-wild

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: