Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ameritron warning-UPDATE  (Read 26302 times)
W1QJ

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2013, 03:46:50 PM »

... I am not a lawyer nor play one on TV Grin

Have you ever stayed at a Holiday Inn?

I have an AL80B I just bought new spring of 2013 from DX engineering. Do you know when Ameritron made the correction?  Be interested to know if mine is improved or not.

Great info also. Nice work!  Wink

The AL-8oB is not in this discussion.  It doesn't have the problem.
N4OI

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2013, 05:12:59 PM »

Any lawyers there answer this hypothetical case?

Bill Smith Electronics build some amplifiers: a wiring fault means that a production batch are potentially lethal if someone goes inside. Bill Smith Electronics goes broke: the design rights are bought from the liquidators by John Doe Electronics who makes the amplifiers but without the design fault. John Doe Electronics  goes into liquidation and ceases trading and the design rights are sold by the liquidators to Fred Smith Radio, who build the amps without the faults.

Who is legally liable in the US if a Bill Smith amplifier kills or injures someone?

Let me guess…..  Uh, THE INJURED PERSON IS RESPONSIBLE!   Even a toaster is "potentially lethal if someone goes inside."  Let's get some personal responsibility here and leave the lawyers to help the poor and vulnerable population -- those who really need it…. 

I am going off to stick some wires in an outlet and make some sparks now…

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: