Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UPS uses USPS for deliveries  (Read 4946 times)
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 04:57:44 AM »

FedEx has been doing this for some time now.  They refer to it as "SmartPost".  Both companies claim it "reduces the carbon footprint".  What it does so is increase their revenue by dropping an entire zip code of parcels in one stop.  The problem with this idea is if the parcels arrive after the USPS mail truck has loaded for the route, your coveted parcel sits at the PO for another day.  If you go down to the PO to retreive it, most post offices will not search through the bin, and release the parcel directly to you.  I've had this happen a number of times to me, and my next door neighbor is the postmaster of our local PO.  Personally, I think it's lousy idea and just an example of big companies trying to save a buck at our expense.
N4GKS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 06:19:11 AM »

Well, I could have gone to Gigaparts here, but like most hams I'm cheap and wanted to save the taxes. Anyway, I know the deal now. I have some filters coming for the rig which had to be shipped from NH. I expect they will come USPS.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 06:02:14 PM »

I always use the "Free Shipping" from Amazon and several other places, when I'm in no particular hurry.  How it gets here is irrelevant..... except when I have a tracking number which I check daily.

When the tracking number says, "Out for delivery" or saying the item will be delivered on a particular day, I make a point of being home to receive it.  Whenever the item doesn't show up because of these two delivery methods it really pisses me off!

I've spent a lot of time try to figure out how to raise hell and put a rock under it but have concluded that both UPS and USPS couldn't care less what I think so I suck it up.  Figure it's just the price to pay for something "Free!"

WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »

Turns out that UPS had another delivery in my area so they bypassed USPS and came by the house while I was at work and the wife was out. Anyway, got in touch with my bud at UPS who made contact with the driver who met my wife with the radio. I'm now enjoying my new TS480. I wasn't mad or anything, just annoyed at having to wait until tomorrow to get on the air. My other radio is in the shop with Clif and I was going nuts without one so I ordered another and will now have a backup. All worked out.

HF withdrawl will do that to you sometimes!  It is like a drug!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: