Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My online library  (Read 6102 times)
K1PJR

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2013, 04:54:37 PM »

Below is a post I sent in for the articles section. For some reason it never made it to the homepage. I have assembled a library of various articles and books that I have found interesting and helpful on a variety of topics. They are posted in Dropbox. Take a look. I'm sure tyre is something for everyone.
Phil
K1PJR

My Collection of Articles:

Philip V. Marinaccio (K1PJR) on September 26, 2013
Add a comment about this article!
Over the years I have come across articles and texts dealing with a variety of ham radio topics. I have saved these in my Dropbox and have made a separate file so that they can be accessed by the link below.

They range from antennas, radials, SWR, manuals, propagation, The Zen of Radio Telegraphy and others. Just thought I would share my humble library with others.

Phil
K1PJR

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w4qarh5wa6514ke/-R9W4FzGKP

There are no comments on this article: Post One
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 05:38:01 PM »

Phil:  I briefly checked out the link you provided and found a raft of very interesting information!!  Some time ago I had a mind fart and bought a tablet which handles .pdf files. 

Looks like a great addition to this tablet which might help to justify that purchase.

Thanks for posting.

Al - K8AXW
M6YDB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 10:47:56 PM »

Great stuff Phil - thank you for sharing.

I will be have a proper read of some of that.

Danny M6YDB
KK6HJQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 07:02:01 AM »

Thanks for this, Phil. This will add nicely to the growing list of resources and references I put away as I learn more and more; going to add it to my pdf reader as well.

-Aaron
KK6HJQ
K7RNO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 12:34:28 PM »

Thank you for sharing your collection. Something in it for everyone, I would think.

Don't despair about your article being published. The manager has many articles on file and publishes them in order received and with enough time in between so we are not inundated by a flood. At least that is how I was told, and my article also took quite a few weeks before it made it.

aRNO
NAQCC #6870, SKCC #11131
KC8Y

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 04:05:56 PM »

Phil---thanks for the URL.  I saved the site in my bookmarks and now have something to read-up on (very interesting tech articles on facets of amateur radio).

Ken KC8Y

K1PJR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 06:40:11 PM »

Thanks for the compliments. I will add more as I come across more articles.
Phil
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 05:02:36 AM »

Thanks for the compliments. I will add more as I come across more articles.
Phil

I see one of the articles there about radial lengths contains a direct copy of two of my web pages on w0btu.com. I'm glad you found them useful. :-)

If you're going to do that again, especially when a web page is clearly marked with a copyright notice, shouldn't you at least give the author credit and link back to his site?  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:07:48 AM by W0BTU » Logged

K1PJR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 04:21:35 AM »

Mike.

You are correct. Just sent you an email regarding correction.

Phil
W0BTU

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 10:09:49 AM »

You're a very good man, Phil.  Smiley

I haven't looked at the changes that you said you made yet, but it sounds like it'll be fine. I was certainly not going to make a federal case out of this, like I've seen some people do.

And there is such a thing as "fair use" where permission does not have to be obtained from the author to re-post a small part of author's copyrighted work. (Note that some of what you copied from www.w0btu.com was actually copied by me from others.) But for copying huge blocks of text, I don't know. You can Google "fair use" if you'd like.

I've read that if we copy someone's work, even under the fair use thing, that we should at least have our own copyright notice, such as Copyright (c) Phil Lastname 2013. All Rights Reserved. to help protect it all. I've also seen, in addition to crediting the author and making a clickable link to the original, the phrase "reprinted by permission". Sounds like a good idea, doesn't it?

You are not the first one to copy some of our work. We make our living on the Internet and also have some commercial web sites. I have seen our competitors steal stuff off them and post them on their own sites, in direct competition to our company. Naturally, that sort of thing made us angry, and we certainly did something about that, in most cases.

Anyway, I looked at a few of the other things you have there, and it looks very useful. I've always wanted to see the "Big Gun's Guide" to low band propagation you have there. (And it looks like the author of that work has already given permission to copy and redistribute it for non-commercial purposes.)

I don't think so, but I may still have some things on my own site that I shouldn't. Originally, the stuff in the /files/ section was on my hard drive for my own use. I decided to upload it a few years ago.

Thanks again. :-)

KD4EBL

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 09:39:25 AM »

Great collection, as a side note, I have downloaded most of the manuals for the working side of my shack and HTs and added them to drop box, that way I have them as a ready reference any time I need them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: