Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FTDX-1200 amp hook-up question  (Read 5269 times)
W5ZZT

Ignore
« on: November 12, 2013, 07:39:13 PM »

Hello,

For those of you that have the FTDX-1200 radio; how did you hook it up to an amplifier.  It appears that Yaesu sells a cable(CT-39A) that is $36 or so.  That seems crazy to me.

I was thinking about buying the 10 pin mini din plug off ebay and just making my own.  Is there another plug to key it from that I am missing?

Any other good or bad comments on the radio.  I am planning on ordering one tomorrow.

Thanks,

Harold
KD2CJJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:15:06 PM »

What amp?

Hello,

For those of you that have the FTDX-1200 radio; how did you hook it up to an amplifier.  It appears that Yaesu sells a cable(CT-39A) that is $36 or so.  That seems crazy to me.

I was thinking about buying the 10 pin mini din plug off ebay and just making my own.  Is there another plug to key it from that I am missing?

Any other good or bad comments on the radio.  I am planning on ordering one tomorrow.

Thanks,

Harold

Mike
KD2CJJ
W5ZZT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:15:41 PM »

It's an AL811.  I am just wanting to confirm that the 10 pin mini din is the place where you would key the amp. 

I am a little surprised that they don't supply this plug if that where you key the amp from.  Just have never bought a rig that didn't supply the basic plugs which I would consider this to be.
WA9UAA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 09:12:18 AM »

Hi Harold,
Yep, it's the 10 pin din plug. The wiring is there for both the ALC and Key line. I am waiting for the B/O FFT-1 and the Amp cable.
Rob WA9UAA
W5ZZT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 01:43:28 PM »

I just ordered the radio today.  Also ordered a $6 plug off ebay.  I just can't give Yaesu $36 for a simple cable like that.  The packet cable is only $10 from Yaesu so I don't understand the linear cable price.

Anyway, i am excited about getting this radio.  Will be here Friday.

What speaker are you using with yours.  It doesn't appear they make a matching one.
WA9UAA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 08:51:31 AM »

I am using my Kenwood SP-31 speaker but primarily I use a Heil HC-6 Proset.
Rob
KG6YV

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 10:53:16 AM »

Machines don't wire those DIN plugs humans do (labor).  Plus it is normal and expected in the electronics industry to pay thru the nose for accessories.  How much do they charge for the 12V cell phone charging cable?  A friend of mine worked @ Nokia and got me one for cost ($2.48)....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: