Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hello to all CWers  (Read 4768 times)
LU7YWC

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2013, 08:14:11 AM »

Hello OMs. My name is Francisco A.K.A. Frank. I've been lurking for a while and decided to join.
Usually working on 10 meters with a 4 el yagi. I'm ham since 18 years old, now 37 and about a year ago learned the magnificent CW. Now the mike is off the rig! I like to rag chew, do contests, and adapt to anything I run into the band. From the short 599 TU to one and a half our qso. Kinda hard at the beggining do CW and practice english at the same time but now it's ok.
Using a Begali Simplex and just 50 watts out of my FTDX3000. Hope to share and keep learning from others experience.
73 from Patagonia
Frank LU7YWC
KE4ILG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 02:41:14 PM »

Thank you for joining and I took the opportunity to check out your QRZ.com page.  I am very impressed with your station and the area of the world you live.  

Once I get my station back up I hope to find you on the bands, 73 for now, Mike ke4ilg
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 07:35:32 PM »

Welcome Frank!  When you found CW you found a key to another part of the our world.  Welcome to CW.

I looked at your photos on QRZ and see that your country looks a lot like my state of West Virginia.  Beautiful country side Frank.

Al - K8AXW
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 11:32:18 PM »

Hello Frank, good to of you to post!   73, Bill
CA3CRA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 12:23:44 PM »

Hi Francisco. I'm also learning CW, operating QRP from Chile. Hopefully we'll get a QSO (as well as I hang my wire from my flat's windows).

Good luck!

Álvaro
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 02:01:08 PM »

Ola, Sr. Francisco!  Bienvenidos a eham.net!  Ten meter CW (and 12m) have been a lot of fun lately!  Often there is a great path between LU and my QTH in eastern US.  I hope to hear you soon!   73!   --ken
LU7YWC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 05:10:43 PM »

Hi Francisco. I'm also learning CW, operating QRP from Chile. Hopefully we'll get a QSO (as well as I hang my wire from my flat's windows).

Good luck!

Álvaro
Great Alvaro. Where in Chile are you?
CA3CRA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 12:53:57 PM »

Good luck!

Álvaro
Great Alvaro. Where in Chile are you?

In Santiago. Where are you? I've heard Coyhaique, Tierra del Fuego and the area in front of Bariloche in 40 m. My station is not operating today, but I have to convince to my neighbours to hang the antenna from the building (this is almost done!).

Ah, my new call sign is CA3CRA.
KB3ZAA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 04:26:48 PM »

Congratulations!  Much success with your CW venture!  I hope to be back on cw which I learned 50 years ago and enjoyed it, but I just returned to "Ham Radio" and will work on getting some speed again...so I am like you in some respects.

Good luck,

Tom Olson
KB3ZAA
GW3OQK

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 10:51:18 AM »

Hello Frank
Your name (on QRZ) indicates you should be a member of the Clan Buchanan of Scotland, so keep an ear open for any GM callsigns! I guess your ancestors went to LU for a better life. People from my homeland Wales went to the Chubut River Valley area and I understand there's plenty of Welsh names and even a Welsh Eisteddfod there. I'm active only on CW, so hope to QSO some time. Send me an email if condx look good
Andrew
GW3OQK 
LU7YWC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 04:42:20 AM »

Hello Andrew. Efectively my grand grand father came from Scotland in early 1900s. And yes I usually contact OMs from ancestors land and usually when they check my Last Name they tell me something about that and for me is great. Never been there but my SK father did. I will go once my kids grew a bit more. Even have a Buchanan's Whisky bottle just to be proud of the family name even if I have nothing to do with that jejeje.
Hope to catch you on 10 anyday.
73 from Patagonia

Hello Frank
Your name (on QRZ) indicates you should be a member of the Clan Buchanan of Scotland, so keep an ear open for any GM callsigns! I guess your ancestors went to LU for a better life. People from my homeland Wales went to the Chubut River Valley area and I understand there's plenty of Welsh names and even a Welsh Eisteddfod there. I'm active only on CW, so hope to QSO some time. Send me an email if condx look good
Andrew
GW3OQK 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: