Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flex 6500/6700 Shipping Yet  (Read 20271 times)
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 04:59:29 PM »

a. Stan admits he made an honest mistake citing a listing that didn't even exist.
b. Stan continues to dig himself deeper

I vote for b.  Cheesy Cheesy

Not too shabby.

From the eham review:

"I want to operate and enjoy my ham Eqpt, I refuse to be the one paying for research and development."

Yes, not too shabby, as K7ERQ is smart enuff to know when to hold em, when to fold em............

Stan K9IUQ

K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2013, 05:07:40 PM »

Not too good either. Overall, recent big-three (Icom/Kenwood/Yaesu) HF rigs average around 4.6-4.7.

The eham review averages are a farce as are the reviews. Few hams will be critical of a radio they own. It is like you are saying you were wrong and should not have purchased it. Very few hams will be that honest, especially Flex owners who would face some serious peer pressure from other Flexers.

I still remember the Hate emails I got from Flexers when I tried to be honest about my Flexradio experiences here on this forum a few years ago.

I applaud K7ERQ and N3LK in their Series 6000 eham reviews. Honesty is a rare commodity when it comes to Flexradios.

Stan K9IUQ
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »

Not too good either. Overall, recent big-three (Icom/Kenwood/Yaesu) HF rigs average around 4.6-4.7.

The eham review averages are a farce as are the reviews. Few hams will be critical of a radio they own. It is like you are saying you were wrong and should not have purchased it. Very few hams will be that honest, especially Flex owners who would face some serious peer pressure from other Flexers.

I still remember the Hate emails I got from Flexers when I tried to be honest about my Flexradio experiences here on this forum a few years ago.

I applaud K7ERQ and N3LK in their Series 6000 eham reviews. Honesty is a rare commodity when it comes to Flexradios.

Stan K9IUQ

Are these hams all liars?

http://www.eham.net/reviews/review/122440
http://www.eham.net/reviews/review/122397
http://www.eham.net/reviews/review/122384
http://www.eham.net/reviews/review/122328
http://www.eham.net/reviews/review/122309
http://www.eham.net/reviews/review/122281

There are far more good reviews for the 6500 than bad.
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 08:19:36 PM »

If the Internet was around 50 years ago, plenty of people would have been giving the Chevy Corvair raving reviews.
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2013, 03:24:09 AM »

Are these hams all liars?

Flexers are well known for ignoring real problems, so as not to offend other Flexers. This does not make them liars. They simply wear the Rose Colored Glasses given free with every Flexradio purchase..

What follows are not reviews, they are true statements,
Here is what is really happening in  the 6000 series world, from eham reviews:

"It isn't ready for the BIG TIME!"
"I refuse to be the one paying for research and development."

"the 6000 series is still very feature limited, even after 18 months of marketing promises, and the painful reality of delays of basic feature rollout for the next year or more!"

"Is it a practical Ham radio transceiver: NO!"

"It still lacks the basic feature set we would expect from a rig costing 50-75% less: can’t remember basic configurations settings from last turn-on, ineffective NB and NR, no audio carried over remote connection, no basic pan adapter averaging and waterfall, etc."

"If I did not own a 6000 series, would I buy one now. NO . . . would wait until FlexRadio delivers on at least the basics of their promises."

Are these hams all liars? Of course not.
What part of the above statements are NOT true?

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:28:39 AM by K9IUQ » Logged
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2013, 03:56:26 AM »

Maybe Stan's a couple of frames out of sync?

b. Stan continues to dig himself deeper

I have NEVER been in sync and do not want to be.

Flexradio is doing the digging. Flex digs their own hole. They started digging the first time they made promises they knew they could not keep..

Stan K9IUQ
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2013, 10:20:55 AM »

If the Internet was around 50 years ago, plenty of people would have been giving the Chevy Corvair raving reviews.
The Univ of Texas did a safety review of the car for the NHTA and found the car had no significant handling problems.   Ralph Nader admitted decades later that the car was no more dangerous than other cars at the time, and that he simply chose it for publicity purposes for his book.
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2013, 02:18:52 PM »

The Univ of Texas did a safety review of the car for the NHTA and found the car had no significant handling problems.   Ralph Nader admitted decades later that the car was no more dangerous than other cars at the time, and that he simply chose it for publicity purposes for his book.

I hate to admit this but I bought a 1964 Corvair Monza Spyder in 1967. It was one nice sharp car - turbo charged too. I always thought Corvairs were maligned unfairly. I wish I still had that Spyder, it was a special model and would be worth $$$ today.

Stan K9IUQ
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: