Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Take it to the scrapers.  (Read 3975 times)
KA0CDR

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2013, 08:16:48 PM »

After not being active of 15 years, i started to get back in to ham radio. Having said that I've now gone to 2 hamfest and what i noticed was that most of the stuff there is the same stuff but has more dust one it.
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 01:14:42 PM »

That is why we scrape off the dust when restoring them.  If they aren't worthwhile some people might take them to the scrappers.  Smiley

Somehow they just don't seem to be making any new radios from the 30's, 40's and 50's.  LOL.  bill

p.s.  If  you have been out of radio for 15 years, you need to understand that the internet has replaced trading that used to be listed in 'yellow sheets' and in magazines.  Likewise it has drawn off much of the tailgaiting and hamfest offerings.
Take a look at Ebay, QTH.com, and QRZ.com, not to mention good old Eham.net.  One advantage is access to radios one might never have seen except in old magazines and catalogs.

Buying sight unseen has more risks.  Don't pay more than you are willing to lose, if the radio turns out to be a basket case.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:20:01 PM by KB4QAA » Logged
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 07:39:47 AM »

KB4QAA speaks the truth. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: