Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FTDX-3000 or IC-7600  (Read 51974 times)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 05:53:03 PM »

The 7600 also has a dedicated knob which goes from 1W to 100W
N3IG

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 07:39:35 AM »

AM has its own power setting in my FT-950 so I set it at 10 watts and then just switch to AM and key the mic to tune. This works well in a quiet environment but if there is audio (noise) for the mic to pick up it will increase the output power.
K3LRH

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 11:49:12 AM »

.........let's just say that all three rigs are perfect in all respects.  They're not, but let's just say that for now.  Then what?  Consider service after the sale.  Most rigs need to be serviced somewhere along the way.  Who has the best factory service?  Yaesu, Icom or Elecraft?

PA1ZP

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 03:22:40 PM »

Hi all

I do not have a FTDX3000 or IC7600.
I have a radio with a few serious design problems.

If I had to do this again , it would be a K3 without second reciever.
Just plain 100W K3 with a few filters for both CW and SSB, no ATU no second RX, no pan adaptor, as less bells and whistles as possible.
The wonderfull thing about the K3 is that you can buy it with what you want and leave out the stuff you do not want or need.

I now have a radio with a few serious bloopers in the design, nothing will be more annoying in time then that.
I use both CW and SSB about 50/50.

I would rather have a K3 with less bells and whistles as both the Yaesu or Icom with all bells and whistles.

I know the K3 is small hasn't got a colour screen inside doesn't overflow you with bells and whisles etc.
Maybe even looks a bit cheap and stupid , and maybe it isn't that easy in use.
But it has other great things, great support, very few design flaws. and a super RX.

If you go for a K3 , you will miss all the design flaws of both the Yaesu and the Icom.
If you want all the bells and whistles you can always upgrade the K3.
The Icom RX is not much better as the FT950 it only has more bells and whistles.
The K3 RX is in a totally different leage in CW as the IC7600.

I totaly have to agree with K3LRH.

Do not make my mistake.

73 Jos
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 09:13:36 AM »

A whole lot depends on which cult you subscribe to today.  There is the TenTec cult; the Elecraft cult; and the Japanese cult.
Interesting digression since the man asked to compare Yaesu with Icom.  The K3 is a nice radio but compared to the O2, the audio is raspy and annoying.  I am surprised that no one mentioned the Orion but perhaps none of the TenTec cult came around to this post.

I guess there is one other group and that is the radio-of-the-month group.  I wish I had the dough to belong here but I do not.
Art
K3LRH

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2014, 03:46:05 PM »

......AOP, yep, I should have limited my question to just Icom and Yaesu and not included Elecraft (unfair advantage)  Or any of the other "cult" radio brands.

....Jos, I know what rig you are talking about  Smiley

PA1ZP

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2014, 09:43:25 AM »

Hi to you all

Ok I will compare yaesu with Icom
Icom has a somewhat less reciever numbers, lots of bells and whistles.
Yaesu has a bit better reciever less good bells and whistles.

I do not have nothing against Icom I have and had Icom gear.
I do not have nothing against Yaesu , I have and had Yaesu gear.
I do have and had Kenwood gear.

I never had any defects with any of these rigs, even my MFJ still tuner works, could be because I never use it hihi.

Still wouldnt buy no KENICYAES no more for HF , without one thought my next pce for HF K3.

And I do not like TENTEC, I do not like Elecraft, their stuff looks daft and very cheap in compare with YASICWOOD.
The little K3 is ugly expencive, doesn't have a colour display, and operating this rig is strange, but they have got the least design flaws at the moment.
And they had troubles but they all solved them very well.
They have serious service and the K3 is simply the best.

Would like to have the German Hilberling top TRX, but have not got the money for this, even though i only live 25 miles from the German border.
N3IG

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2014, 04:50:21 AM »

Well I ended up going 7600. Much quieter receiver than my 950 had and they must use pin diode switching because no more t/r noise on cw. With headphones on only what little noise the paddles make. :-) Main justification was that I can use it for a while and if I decide later to sell it I can have enough to buy a 3000 but may take a while to add enough to do it the other way. No plans to do that at this time since I am really enjoying the 7600, much nicer receiver and DSP than the ProII I had. Thanks for everyones input.
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 04:03:27 AM »

The K3 is a nice radio but compared to the O2, the audio is raspy and annoying.

The audio's fine once you figure out the proper EQ settings for your ears and external speaker(s).
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 05:51:27 PM »

The 7600 is a fine radio, you won't be dissapointed.  I sold mine for the K3.  The FTDX3000 has better receive specs than the 7600 per Sherwood Engineering Labs but I haven't listened to one to be my one judge of that.

CU on the air...73,

Delwyn KH6DC

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
N2ADV

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 06:16:23 PM »

Nice work on the 7600 - it's a fine rig! 

Well it took under 2 hours for the K3 sales team to arrive.  No matter what radio you would like to get advice on purchasing the K3 some how becomes the better alternative.

Well I gotta give you guys credit you stated the K3 is a better radio than a 990 so I guess it's better than everything on the Planet! Roll Eyes. To the Op I say run from this thread and never look back!. It will soon be  K3 central and answers to your original question will soon be plowed under the QRM.
I am sensing some severe butt-hurt.

(Don't bother replying, you are now on my ignore list).
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: