Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New car technology  (Read 1979 times)
W8JX

Ignore
« on: November 17, 2013, 02:28:38 PM »

Not sure were to post it but I went car shopping with one of my daughters looking for a new car. The car we got kinda blew us both away with a feature it had. It was something called "EyeSight" on a 2014 Subaru Legacy Limited. I use a pair of cameras (one on each side of rear view mirror) and optical recognition software to warn of lane changes, adjust cruise control to traffic, (and you can set following distance) and automatic braking if you fail to. They did their homework as it worked sweet. Not really a radio thing but I admire the technology.

--------------------------------------
Entered using a  WiFi Win 8.1 RT tablet or a Android tablet using 4G/LTE or WiFi.
KC0RZW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 05:43:25 PM »

It is neat.  When it works.  However bug splatter and snow tend to render it useless.  Not so much a design flaw, just impossible to prevent stuff from covering up the sensor.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 02:13:37 AM »

Maybe Subaru should build it's own version of a Flex type SDR contest transceiver since they now have the technology to prevent pile ups.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 05:23:07 AM »

It is neat.  When it works.  However bug splatter and snow tend to render it useless.  Not so much a design flaw, just impossible to prevent stuff from covering up the sensor.

They are in path of wipers so window in front of them is kept clean. Rain did not seem to effect it. The lenses are about 1 inch in diameter and wide aperture a likely do not even "see" window in focal range. 

--------------------------------------
Entered using a  WiFi Win 8.1 RT tablet or a Android tablet using 4G/LTE or WiFi.
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 07:52:29 AM »

Don't tell me not to text and drive!
KC0RZW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 07:24:15 PM »

They are in path of wipers so window in front of them is kept clean. Rain did not seem to effect it. The lenses are about 1 inch in diameter and wide aperture a likely do not even "see" window in focal range. 

Cool, the company I work for generally has put them in the front bumper, so it gets splattered with everything.  The only complaints I've had with them is not that the radar cruise doesn't work, but when there is a malfunction with the sensor, the cruise can't be used like the regular old cruise we are all used to, it just doesn't work.
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 11:07:14 PM »

I have been following that technology for a few years;

http://www.mobileye.com/products/mobileye-c2-series/mobileye-c2-270/

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 10:38:08 AM »

How many volts/metre of EMC disturbance can it stand?
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 02:44:53 PM »

I have been following that technology for a few years;

http://www.mobileye.com/products/mobileye-c2-series/mobileye-c2-270/

I just love those companies that have a glowing website with all the details. A buy now button that wants all your info instead of just giving a price. That's when I pass on by....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: