Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many HF rigs do you have on your desk?  (Read 14145 times)
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 04:19:11 AM »

Right now, none. I am in process of moving my "shack" from a room in basement to a empty bedroom on the ground floor. Have to run 240v to it. 

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2013, 04:49:26 AM »

Right now, none. I am in process of moving my "shack" from a room in basement to a empty bedroom on the ground floor. Have to run 240v to it. 

Lucky you. When my daughters moved out I wanted to relocate to one of their empty bedrooms.
The lady of the house gave me a firm NO!

But in reality that may have been a good thing because I would have had to do some wiring in the room. So might as well stay in the basement shack until I can't climb the stairs.  Grin
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2013, 07:20:27 AM »

Lucky you. When my daughters moved out I wanted to relocate to one of their empty bedrooms.
The lady of the house gave me a firm NO!

But in reality that may have been a good thing because I would have had to do some wiring in the room. So might as well stay in the basement shack until I can't climb the stairs.  Grin

I am looking forward to living and working on one floor. I have a office in home in basement where ham gear is. First thing is moving office, second stage is radios. New room is bigger too and nice to be out of dungeon.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
K7MEM

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2013, 05:54:40 PM »

Wow, you guys actually have your radios in the house?

My shack is in the barn. I share the barn with 5 horses. But it works out well for me because on my desks I have:

Desk 1:
ICOM IC-735
Radio Shack HTX-100
Heathkit HR-1680/HX-1681 (w/matching speaker)
Heathkig HW-7, HW-8

Desk 2:
SB-101 with SB-650 Digital Display and matching speaker
DX-40, VF-1, SB-10 (SSB Adapter), Lafayette HE-30 Rcvr w/ARC-5 (BC-453) IF

And I use what ever band I want, as long as I have an antenna for it.

I also have my old Heath Twoer, Sixer, and Gonset Communicator (2 Meter) but haven't used them in a long time.

Martin - K7MEM

http://www.k7mem.com
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: