Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks for help and need a trainer that allowsme to input words and randomize ou  (Read 436 times)
HS0ZFQ

Ignore
« on: Yesterday at 05:51:29 PM »

Greetings:
     I want to thank profusely the amateur who led me to Just Learn Morse Code  and the list of 1000 or more most commonly used words in English.That has made my year. My last question is Is there a trainer that allows me to input words of my selection i.e this, is, she ,his etc.?
I have a terrible time with words that use combinations of s,h i and need to practice them separately.Once again thanks to the guy that helped me. For the life of me I cannot find the message thread.
Yours Truly
Richard
HS0ZFQ
Chiangrai, Thailand
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:04:08 PM »

I don't know, but Morse code is like a language.  It's the ability to translate sounds into words, just like a language.

If you focus on dits and dahs or dots and dashes, I think it's much harder.
LB3KB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 07:41:44 PM »

I want to thank profusely the amateur who led me to Just Learn Morse Code  and the list of 1000 or more most commonly used words in English.That has made my year. My last question is Is there a trainer that allows me to input words of my selection i.e this, is, she ,his etc.?

Just Learn Morse Code allows you to do that, too.  Create a text file with each word or phrase on a separate line, then use [/Source/Text Lines] in the software.

There is also a help file in there, you'll find it in the help menu.

K4NL Sid
justlearnmorsecode.com
M0LEP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 08:40:02 PM »

I don't know, but Morse code is like a language.

Morse itself is just a set of character representations. Learning Morse is much more like learning to read and write all over again than learning a new language, and I found that thinking of it as a language just added an extra unnecessary mental barrier to the learning process, which made it more difficult to learn...
PA1ZP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Today at 04:28:46 AM »

Hi

How about LCWO.net.

http://lcwo.net/

Do not know any trainer that alows word input.

But i do know LCWO.net has lots of posibilities to train for more speed and better CW recieving.
There are vocabularies for many languages, and you can keep up your score against others.

73 Jos
PA0WV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:03:57 AM »

M0LEP is right.

I am able to copy pretty high speed plain language, but when I exercise a Koch lesson 40 on LCWO , I estmate I fall back to 1/2 till 3/4 of  my conversational speed.

www.pi4raz.nl/razzies  a pdf periodical for real hams and youngsters to become, will in next issue due Sept 1, publish a trainer I designed, that is in my opinion a lot better than LCWO words chapter.  It repeats words at random that you did not copy the first presentation immediately.

Right now I am still on top in the yearly contest of the Veron at 71 wpm,  but Jos PA1ZP is on my heels.

Jos PA1ZP: LCWO is nice, but a few remarks:

a) you can hardly measure progress because the max obtainable number of points in a "25 Words" load is plus or minus 30% of the average load.
b) you can only compare with your own results, not with others, because

b.1 the results are language dependent  (German has at the average longer words, especially when o u a umlaut are simplified to oe ue ae;
b.2 fixed or variable speed is used, and
b.3 dependent on repetitions used or not

So I designed my own software,

The Ladderwedstrijd competition at hamfest DVDRA is comparable from year to year because at each presented speed the word length is fixed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: