Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Massive Scalability and Ham Radio Logging  (Read 3763 times)
KY6R

Ignore
« on: December 06, 2013, 08:07:22 AM »

I have loaded my logbook onto a massively scalable database that my company makes - which is called Splice Machine.

Splice Machine runs on top of Hadoop and HBase and uses the Derby SQL Interface and JDBC drivers.

Just for laughs, I loaded my logbook into Splice Machine into a 4 node AWS Cloudera Hadoop cluster, and used Pentaho PDI to load the data in milliseconds. I also used Tableau to do advanced data visualization - and its really cool - and really fun.
I just wanted to see if LOTW or Clublog could take advantage of such a platform, and the answer is, Yes.

This is much too big for even the largest DX-pedition, its in the LOTW class of logbooks!

Rich
KY6R
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:10:09 AM by KY6R » Logged
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 10:05:33 AM »

...Splice Machine; Hadoop; HBase; Derby SQL; JDBC; 4 node AWS Cloudera Hadoop cluster; Pentaho PDI; Tableau; LOTW; Clublog...

What can a fellow say but, "Whoop-di-doo!".   LOL. thanks.  bill
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 01:00:12 PM »

Splice Machine into a 4 node AWS Cloudera Hadoop cluster, and used Pentaho PDI to load the data in milliseconds. I also used Tableau to do advanced data visualization - and its really cool - and really fun.

Huh?  I think you missed the cymbal crash right there between the bridge and the second chorus, Rich!    Grin

Terry, WØFM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: