Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Propagation book in the works  (Read 6924 times)
KL7AJ

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2013, 04:11:22 PM »

I've just begun working on a book for the ARRL, tentatively titled, "The Propagation Book" simply enough.  This will be a unique and comprehensive book on propagation from DC to Daylight, including an extensive section on X and O mode propagation, which ARRL at long last has acknowledged in the ARRL Handbook and elsewhere.  Tentative schedule is for the end of 2014.

Stay tuned!

Eric
K5PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 07:59:52 PM »

Hi Eric,
Looking forward to your book.  Have enjoyed and learned from your articles.
73 es GL,
Stu, K5PB
WA8JNM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 06:11:40 AM »

Ditto, Eric. I have also learned much from you, and you have a nice flair for technical writing. Good luck with the new book. I figure I have only one or two good sun cycles left, and would like to use them well. Please rush the book. :-)

Dave
AD0AE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 08:28:28 AM »

This sounds like it could be a very good read!   It would be nice if there was a book with 'conventional wisdom' and also included some backing based on the physics happening in the ionosphere.  I will be interested to see what you have to say.  

As a side note, how do you plan to explain the X-and O-mode propagation?  Do you plan to include a 'Chen-level' derivation or more like explain the outcomes from the equations?  I only ask because doing a derivation at that level, does involve a lot of assumptions and some background knowledge of plasma physics (such as knowing what the momentum fluid equation is) in order for it to make sense.  I have been meaning to redo that derivation and spend some time thinking about the resulting dispersion relation just so I have a better grasp on it.

Good luck writing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: