Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEED URGENT HELP !!!!! 2014 Baofeng UV-82L PROBLEM  (Read 3537 times)
KK4BMI

Ignore
« on: December 09, 2013, 08:03:43 PM »

NEED URGENT HELP !!!!! I bought this new 2014 Baofeng  UV-82L Handheld. I am having issues trying to connect my Toshiba 64 Bit Laptop with the Baofeng Software to write to the Handheld. There is no error on the Prolific-to-Serial Comm Port which is reading Com 1 and there's no error in my my Baofeng Software Com Port which is also reading Comm Port 1. But however when I push the button in the 888s or 3R Baofeng Software I get this error. "Cannot Connect The Radio". I have tried changing ports but it only let me change Ports on the Prolific-to-Serial Comm Port but it wont let me change the port in the Baofeng Software. Any hints before I throw this Chinese threw the window......... lol  KK4BMI
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 03:41:50 AM »

I don't have that model of radio, but it looks like the Chirp software will work with it: http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home

I use that program with my Wouxun and it works great!
VK6IS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 04:59:19 AM »

"Cannot Connect The Radio".

almost always a driver issue.
- had a heck of a time to get rid of that error.

finally got things working with my old win_xp  based PC.
( pl2303 driver install.exe )

- win_7 just wouldn't go there ..
even with the driver from the Baofeng cd itself.

- XP runs both chirp & the Baofeng software ..
KK4BMI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 05:51:34 AM »

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you....... It worked http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home. I went and downloaded the software and loaded it and I almost had a heart attack when it worked. Four days messing with this radio and almost throwing it in the garbage.... lol 73s KK4BMI
ILDARIN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 07:58:12 AM »

Sounds like you already figured it out, but for anyone else: read the CHIRP documentation.

You have to download an image from the radio to get the right format;  THEN you can modify the image.

If you try to load an image from an older radio, like the UV5R, it will not work.

You also have to have the right version of CHIRP; the latest build worked for me.  A two-month old version did not.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 08:00:49 AM by ILDARIN » Logged
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 08:56:46 AM »

Yet another EMERGENCY handled by Ham Operators at no cost.Tough beating those rates! Sounds as if a little bird told someone the fix since it was a CHIRP fix. LOL {:>)   Grin

Clayton
W4KVW
KD8GEH

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 06:29:20 AM »

Some like chirp, others (like me) dont. Take a look at the Miklor site http://www.miklor.com/

There are also Yahoo groups you can join releated to whicever model.

Pretty cool radio...

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: