The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnson Viking II and National HRO Rig Posting on eHam (Policy)  (Read 12543 times)
W2IU

Ignore
« on: December 02, 2013, 05:02:10 AM »

Hello everyone,
Name here is John and a person I met has been trying to sell their SK grandfathers rigs that include a Johnson Viking II and a National HRO. Is it against eham policy to post rigs that do not belong directly to me? They are looking to get around $300 for them both and they need some work as they have been in an attic for a few years. Since they don't have access to post on these boards, I figured I would try and help them out. Before they posted it on eBay, wanted to give this community the first crack at them.
Thanks for your help. They appreciate it!
John
W3JAR
W2IU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 07:15:03 AM »

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the boards but was curious to see if there were any policies against 3rd party posting since I am not the owner. Which was the intent of the post.
Thanks
John
NA6M
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 07:49:06 AM »

We do allow ads for estate sales if you are involved in managing it.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the boards but was curious to see if there were any policies against 3rd pNarty posting since I am not the owner. Which was the intent of the post.
Thanks
John
W2IU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 08:11:13 AM »

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I crossed my Ts and dotted my I's!
W8GP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 09:38:40 AM »

I think you worry too much. As long as your intent is not to decieve or defraud, what's the problem?
W2IU

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 10:33:44 AM »

I think you worry too much. As long as your intent is not to decieve or defraud, what's the problem?
HA! Thanks for the note. This made my day, and puts it into perspective Smiley Thanks for the input and stay tuned for the two rigs!
John
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 03:01:24 PM »

I applaud W3JAR for asking first.  I moderate two boards and selling things that you don't own is forbidden on both. 
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 06:49:28 AM »

As long as your intent is not to decieve or defraud, what's the problem?

That's is the problem.  Just how is one able to tell the intentions of a guy on the other end of a keyboard or phone call?

It's a red flag on the Internet when third parties are involved. Too many types of scams start with that. 

Mike N2MG
W8GP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 08:05:11 AM »

I guess I stand (partially) corrected. From my personal perspective, I would never sell something that I wouldn't stand behind myself, but I admit that is not always the case.As an example, if my friend "Bob" died and his family asked me to help liquidate his equipment I would bring it into my shack for evaluation , at which point I would consider it "mine" and I would have no problem selling it as such.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 08:41:46 AM »

Johnson Viking II and a National HRO

You mean the first radio in the HRO series. It came out in 1935.  It required plug-in coils, some of which are quite rare. Consider a boat anchor site posting they are in really great shape.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_HRO
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 12:30:34 PM »

Let me clean up my previous post:

You mean the first radio in the HRO series? It came out in 1935. It required plug-in coils, some of which are quite rare. Consider a boat anchor site posting if they are in really great shape. Do you have the receiver's matching outboard AC power supply?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_HRO
--
Late 1930s HROs may have been the best ham receivers of their era. But certainly not the best looking. Many were sold to commercial and governmental users around the world. A slightly later model, the HRO-5, was the first good receiver I used extensively. That was in the late 50s, and its performance was very impressive even then.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: