Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: forgive me Father, I have sin  (Read 1554 times)
LU7YWC

Ignore
« on: December 28, 2013, 05:02:54 PM »

Well, just couldn't resist it. Today on RAC contest I heard a New Zealand station coming really strong (up to s9) calling contest. I was not in contest but is really hard to copy ZL on ten meters down here. The OM wasn't in any pile up just calling waiting for some contester. Well I call back and got the exchange for contest and tried to explain that I was not in contest. Just got a "only contest" answer and he keep calling. I already had the entity but he was to strong and lonely not to try the out of contest qso. Mea culpa mea culpa
 Sad
KE4ILG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 08:16:02 AM »

I am not a contester but have participated in a few with  out turning in a log of my contacts.  I believe this to be acceptable and my contact for the other station would count so long as I full filled the required exchanges.  The required items to count in any contest are outlined in the contest rules.  If you listen in on the qso's you will discover what the requirements are.  For example in many that I have participated in I was required to exchange call signs, name, qth, and the number of this qso.  If it was the  4th qso in that contest then I would send 004. 

There is a separate "contest" section in the Forums you may want to do some reading.   At least the hams there are involved in contesting and can give more information.  73, Mike ke4ilg
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 04:07:12 AM »

Why not? The one thing I will say is that, if the number is low late into a contest, the other station often wants a repeat.

73, wx2s.

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: