Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wants Computer CW Software  (Read 8852 times)
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 04:14:28 PM »

DXLab's WinWarbler has a CW keyboard function and allows you to specify whether to use RTS, DTR or a Winkeyer (K1EL).  I just tested it using RTS and it worked just fine.  I have a simple one transistor output driven by the RTS line and it's housed in the serial port connector shell.  If you're using a real serial port, it will work.  If you're using a USB/serial converter cable, it may not. 

73, K8AC
KC8Y

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »

I am trying out the CW mode also, BUT I cannot build/wire anything, because of my very rare physical handicap.

Can only use a keyboard as input Smiley  Therefore, must use either of 2-keyers that can accept a keyboard as input (besides hand, automatic or semiautomatic keys).

I'm now trying the MasterKeyer MK-1 (hard at programming) and the MFJ-495, either for my direct keying.  I use either FLDIGI or CWget for receiving.  Still in the on-going process.

Good luck

Ken KC8Y
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 05:28:10 PM »

Ken - is there some reason why you can't just use one of the free software packages that will allow you to send CW from the PC keyboard?  You may need help putting together a serial output cable, but otherwise, nothing to build.  Here's a link to the program:
http://dxsoft.com/en/products/cwtype/

73, Floyd - K8AC
KC8Y

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 06:12:42 AM »

Floyd---

Thanks for the info. A little busy now what with taxes, BUT I'll look more into your suggestion.

BTW-lived about 5-6 years in Columbia, SC.  My email is kc8y@arrl.net

Later

Ken KC8Y
AJ8MH

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 06:39:04 AM »

I use audio from the sound card to drive a circuit that keys the rig through the key jack.  A diagram is attached.  Hopefully, you have a ham friend that can build it for you.

http://webpages.charter.net/aj8mh-radio/images_projects/My%20PTT%20Circuit.jpg

Diagram moved:
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: